Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a clip from last month. Teach was getting antsy for some new clips.

Comment

• I really like the lower body.

Have you worked on that or has he always done it?

I see excellent rear hip control.

Comment

• A lot of tee work. The one drill I use is having mini put a balance pad/disk under his back foot (inside back foot) - it gives him a feeling of riding the back leg into footplant. He gets off the backside much better than the first clips in this thread.

Comment

• I like it enough, a lot, to add it as an update to the Best of Class section.

Good job.

Comment

• This looks great Stealth.

Comment

• is that at the field of dreams in redding CA?
              "Turning is for nascar." - Cosmo34
              "Think big or you will be small."
              "You can't think and hit at the same time." - Yogi Berra

Comment

• That is a sweetswing stealth.

One thing you might try is more loading of the front shoulder down while getting the bottom hand more/past under top/closer to body/tipping more away toward oppo batter's box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                  A lot of tee work. The one drill I use is having mini put a balance pad/disk under his back foot (inside back foot) - it gives him a feeling of riding the back leg into footplant. He gets off the backside much better than the first clips in this thread.
                  Hmmm... thought of an idea that I'm going to try next at-bat I get... I'm going to build a little lick, so I can get the feel of loading back...

Anyway, I like the idea, I'm going to work on that.

Comment

• Mini-Hunter clip

I sent a clip to Rich. I made of Mini and Hunter. I asked him to post them to add to the discussion. I thought it was of importance since the discussion has been about getting off the back side.

retkag

Comment

• Originally posted by go cardinals View Post
                      is that at the field of dreams in redding CA?
                      Field of Dreams in Manteca

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                        Field of Dreams in Manteca
                        which one was that? like which stadium?

Also, is he using a black exo?
                        Last edited by go cardinals; 03-30-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by retkag View Post
                          I sent a clip to Rich. I made of Mini and Hunter. I asked him to post them to add to the discussion. I thought it was of importance since the discussion has been about getting off the back side.

retkag
                          Here's the clip Garrett. Post your good thoughts, please. I'd rather not paraphrase.

Comment

• Are there longer clips with at least some of the preceding frames ?

Comment

• Mini-Hunter

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                              Here's the clip Garrett. Post your good thoughts, please. I'd rather not paraphrase.

Save the clip and play it with quicktime. Use your arrow keys and scroll the clip back and forth. I edited the clip to show the difference in how the to players go into heel plant.

As Hunter rides the backhip you will notice that the outside edge of the shoe heel comes off the ground as the front foot is going to heel plant. The heels are working in unison. Note also that Hunters foot is actually getting pulled forward and Mini's is turning.

Just some quick thoughts more to come later.

retkag

Comment

• Spine Angle

[/QUOTE]

Spine angle is something Yeager showed very cleary in his DVD. He showed the difference between minor leaguers who moved out with a slanted spine angle as compared to accomplished Major league hitters who all had neutral spine angles.

Notice the neutral angles in the Hidden Gem and Branyan clips on another thread.

It caught my attention so I thought I would share it.

retkag

Comment

Working...
                                X