Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Stealth.

Nice and smooth swing Mini's got.

Comment

• Super cool.

Quick bat.

I wonder why we never see clips of all the PCR success?

Comment

• Very smooth, nice job!

Comment

• can someone turn it into a gif?

thanks
          "They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."

- Willie Stargell

Comment

• Very Sweet....

Comment

• Here we go...

Comment

• inside pitch?
                The HANDS and the HIPS DRIVE the Swing! The SHOULDERS are along for the ride.

Comment

• Pronk's clip appears to be missing some frames. Here's a cleaner version...

Comment

• Jason,

How do you make sure you get all the frames when you do a conversion?

Is there a better software out there?

I've been accused of dropping frames intentionally before....when in reality, I just did what I always do.....use the software I have to convert from one format to another.

Comment

• Originally posted by swingbuilder View Post
                      inside pitch?
                      They were setting up inside all day. Mini said it was right over the inside half of the plate.
                      "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
                      "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Nice swing! what did it feel like ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pronk View Post
                          Here we go...

That looks good.
                          "They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."

- Willie Stargell

Comment

• this kid is fricken good..

he is going to be scary in three years as a season after he puts on a few lbs
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            hittin' bombs and chasin tail

Comment

• Originally posted by tom.guerry View Post
                              Nice swing! what did it feel like ?
                              He said he knew it was out. It's crazy hitting the ball that far at 14 and in the 8th grade. I hit my first real homerun at age 16, the kid beat me by two years!
                              "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
                              "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Stealth,

That swing was damn good! I also love the pre swing rocking the bat back and forth near the plate to get into a rhythm, etc.

From this swing he looks dialed in right now!

mcallister

Comment

Working...
                                X