Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    Too bad it was right at the center fielder.
    Oh dang. Bad read; I thought he yacked it.

Comment

• Thanks for the vids Stealth..

Comment

• With Ryan playing in Wisconsin I haven't seen him play for about two months. I made the trip and was able to see him play last night, what a great place to play for the summer. The field in La Crosse is awesome and the 3000 fans a game make it a very energetic place. This is the first video I have taken of him in a long time. I get to watch his games on the computer but that's just not the same.

"Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
        "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Smooth and sweet.

Is he working on anything specific or just learning from each and every at bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
            Smooth and sweet.

Is he working on anything specific or just learning from each and every at bat.
            Teach; He's just really working on getting consistent with his swing. At the level he is playing it's so important to have good ab's and swings every time. Ryan has a tendency to miss (foul off) good pitches and you just can't do that vs good pitching. As good as his mechanics are he still has times where he gets out of whack, but the amount of repetition and game ab's he's getting is the best learning tool there is. I must say it's nice to see him live again so we can talk about things. Here is a single from yesterday.

Comment

• Here is a whole ab vs a lefty from the University of Arkansas. He tried one to many curve balls........

Comment

• Ooops.

Comment

• Some good press from last nights game.

Loggers come back to beat Kingfish: http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/ba...321345fa5.html

Comment

• 2B, 3B, HR.

Who gives a sh!t about the single?

Comment

Working...
                    X