Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special....really really special.

Comment

• I love in the second one how he just steps in the box and spanks one!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikecon View Post
        I love in the second one how he just steps in the box and spanks one!
        This pitcher worked fast, as soon as you were in the box he was throwing.
        "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
        "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Keep 'em coming looking real good Stealth.

Comment

• Two ab's from yesterday. The second one was he bummed, he got a good pitch to hit......it's a full ab so it shows a few takes etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2x7iQzJRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y36JYgWveI

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Stealth.. keep um coming - fun to watch!

Comment

• It is a pleasure reading this thread from the early days clear up to now. Good for your son, I'm betting you are enjoying it! I know I would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                  ...I'm betting you are enjoying it! I know I would.
                  The word 'ecstatic' comes to mind.

Comment

• It has been fun for sure. This new step at the D1 level is awesome. New surroundings, being away from home, an academically very difficult school etc. has all presented new challenges. From a baseball perspective it's an entirely new environment. Playing time isn't a constant and performing when given a chance is of the utmost importance. Having a quality at bat is a must.

What I have noticed is Ryan has become a much better defensive player and offensively he is learning/adapting to the college game. In high school and summer ball it's always been swing a way, let it fly. The college game for freshman and many others is about executing. Being put in a situation to perform a certain task so in post season under pressure you can get the job done. I think Ryan has had more hit n runs given to him in 30 games than he has in his whole life. Surprisingly he hasn't had to bunt yet, but that will happen soon I am sure.

The biggest difference is we had a routine we did pretty much everyday in the cage since he was a young kid. In college they have their own drills, everything is very structured and pitching machines are used a lot (at high speeds) so that is probably the biggest adjustment he has had to face. We have started doing more communication with our iphones (video chat) etc. just to regain a semblance of normalcy for him. The level of play although obviously much better than high school is not the real challenge for Ryan, it's learning how to adapt to all the new things College has thrown at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                      ...learning how to adapt to all the new things College has thrown at him.
                      And he'll surely be the better man for it when it's through.

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                      ...we had a routine we did pretty much everyday in the cage since he was a young kid.
                      When he's home on break it'll make revisiting that routine even more special for you both.

--

Lots of adjustments, no doubt -- for son and dad alike. If you're anything like me, sometimes you wish you could squish him back down to being a 7-year-old -- but that's just a silly thought. Seeing them become the men we've prepared them to be is what life is all about.

If he takes on every challenge with the same calm and measured approach he takes when he's in that batters box, he will be all right!

Comment

• I was able to get some bp video today.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Stealth; that is a great clip.

Comment

• Grandpa took some good video this past Tuesday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cD1iOOEMA

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                              Grandpa took some good video this past Tuesday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4cD1iOOEMA
                              Nice trot.

Sweet.

Looks like Grandpa was in the on-deck circle!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikecon View Post
                                Nice trot.

Sweet.

Looks like Grandpa was in the on-deck circle!
                                Too bad it was right at the center fielder.

Comment

Working...
                                X