Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Stealth! Just what we need!

Comment

• This ball was crushed but damn not good enough. Caught at the track in CF.
      "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
      "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• How are playoffs going?
        "Remember these two things: Play hard and have fun." -Tony Gwynn

Comment

• Semifinals tomorrow, the team is 24-1. Have a chance at something special.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
            Semifinals tomorrow, the team is 24-1. Have a chance at something special.......
            Best of luck

Comment

• We lost.......9-7. Ryan's high school career is over. Finished 2-4 with two doubles. Here is his last high school hit.

Comment

• Darn the loss....but....

Great high school career. Exciting times ahead. We're all looking forward to watching his future.

Comment

• Dang... What a year, and high school experience. It's only the beginning too!
                  "Remember these two things: Play hard and have fun." -Tony Gwynn

Comment

• Stealth,

It has been an honor to follow along with you in Ryan's journey over the last 6 or 7 years. Congrats to you both from Boomer and I!!
                    Only you can accomplish what you dream to.

Comment

• Bummer.

You know Stealth one dumb little regret I have was in regional tournament, I was fiddling around with the camera (driving rain) switch to my flip and it didn't fire up in time and missed my kid's last hit. I guess as many as I have it doesn't matter but it just kind of bummed me out he smashed it to the fence off a kid who shut our team down for 7 innings. It was just one hit, but it was 2nd AB I got the first hit, missed the 2nd and last ups they got him to ground out on a curve. Small thing but be glad you got that final one.

Comment

• For 4 days we knew who was going to pitch vs us yesterday. Ryan and I hit a ton in the backyard going over what this pitcher would throw Ryan. We knew anything up in the zone needed to be crushed. This is the first pitch he saw in the first inning, curve ball up in the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                          For 4 days we knew who was going to pitch vs us yesterday. Ryan and I hit a ton in the backyard going over what this pitcher would throw Ryan. We knew anything up in the zone needed to be crushed. This is the first pitch he saw in the first inning, curve ball up in the zone.

Before our recent tournament, I had bp with minially for a few days to get him ready. On the last game, minially hit that bomb to left field. It just so happened that it was a left handed pitcher.
                          After the tournament, in the car going home, minially told me that the pitcher threw exactly like me. ( I am left handed) He read it all the way and launched everything he had into that ball.

Comment

• Ryan and I drove to Medford so he could play in a few games with his summer team the Bellingham Bells, a collegiate team in the West Coast League. Ryan doesn't graduate HS until the 14th so we have to drive home Sunday so he can finish up. He will then fly up to Bellingham on the 17th for the summer. He pinch hit in the 9th and was hbp and then flew out to right in the 10th. He said their closer was 88-89 which he hasn't seen in a while. He was a tick late, the pitch was up on his fly out. These games are fun. Our #3 batter was "the k" batter for the day. If he struck out beer was half price for the rest of the inning. The crowd went nuts when he finally struck out in the 7th. We won 11-8 in 10 innings. This was a new environment, Ryan had just met the team and coaches literally in the hotel parking lot before going to the game. We play again tonight.

And of course the MLB draft starts today......

Comment

• Gotta be an exciting time for the Kirby's.

Comment

• This guy's been dreaming....

....for quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X