Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

M.Erwin Progress

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the explanation

Comment

Does the coil in the rear hip also help arrest forward momentum or is it just the pull back in the back/scap?

I’ve been trying to pre set rear hip coil 100% and then hover and just use the scap to arrest the forward momentum

Comment

Both......

Comment

My hover drill swing felt decent, my command drill swing felt pushy, and my no stride swing felt awesome. I get a lot more snap out of my rear leg when i do no stride swings.

Also i need help with the command drill swing so i can attempt to beat TM at the Omaha clinic in August lmao

Comment

I think i am trying to feel the hip slip before launch instead of feeling it “all in” at launch

Looks like hip slide

Comment

07/31/2018

I need to tone down this posture and style but this swing felt good. I get a lot more depth with this style compared to a more traditional handset

Comment

I will work on a more normal looking style but try to maintain the feels

Comment

Put the tee deeper , I’m talking almost uncomfortably deeper and work on your swing. See how that affects your posture. It looks to me you are trying to get to extension with your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewerwin00 View Post
                    07/31/2018

I need to tone down this posture and style but this swing felt good. I get a lot more depth with this style compared to a more traditional handset
                    Your cuts look great, so nice work!

For my DD, taking a long hover into her game swing was the single biggest step forward that we made, so I highly recommend it...

I would caution you a little on letting the barrel get too horizontal while you coil. Remember that you are going to need to reverse all of that forward tilted barrel after GO. If you aren't careful, you'll add a frame of length to your swing just getting the bat back to a more normal launch position.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you jryan15

Yes the barrel tip is definitely one of my concerns right now. I love the feeling i get from it but i think i can get the same feeling without the tip. I think it helps me get a good pull back in my back and really allows me to get a snap out of rear leg. Will post some swings later tonight

Comment

I figured out that i like how my hand load causes a slight barrel tip instead of letting the arms and wrist cause a huge barrel tip. My barrel tip has been reduced a lot and I’m maintaining the good stretch feeling and rearward launch.

Comment

Yesterday i couldn’t ever get to the “cusp” on my hover drill swings and i figured out it was because i was leaning. I fixed that today and i was able to find the spot. When my gif maker starts working again i will post updated swings.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewerwin00 View Post
                            Yesterday i couldn’t ever get to the “cusp” on my hover drill swings and i figured out it was because i was leaning. I fixed that today and i was able to find the spot. When my gif maker starts working again i will post updated swings.
                            Great comments. I'm intrigued with your findings here. If you have time to elaborate, I'd appreciate it.

For instance, "cusp" are you referring to just before hip slip? When you say leaning, which way? If you could show a before / after that shows how you corrected the leaning, it would be awesome!

Thanks!

Comment

this is still frame of before launch. You can see the lean here

Comment

Here is yesterday attempt with the lean

08/01/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X