Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

M.Erwin Progress

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Erwin Progress

I told Matt I would start a thread to track his progress and for feedback. He started a thread a while back but was having trouble posting the GIFs. Matt has come down to TX from Oklahoma three times already so we could work in person and has made some nice progress. This is what his swing looked like right before his first trip to TX. Matt's a good kid that really wants to figure this out...he is definitely committed...he has already made 3 trips to TX (8hr drives) and already talking about coming down again and is itching to get to StL to work with TM.

Last edited by jsoriano; 06-12-2018, 05:24 AM.

His first trip down we focused a lot on turning the barrel...he was a little off on his understanding of it...these are from 01/28/2018

Deep tee...

Comment

Can't find video from his second trip which was just a few weeks after the first one but here's some command swings from his 3rd trip after his HS was over. Talked a lot about the scap and having/maintaing a rock solid rear leg...

05/26/2018

05/27/2018

Comment

Here is a more recent swing after he went back. He's battling some inconsistencies...in fact right at the end of his session during his last visit he was pulling the knob across his body pretty bad...sometimes he doesnt get his back working right...his rear leg always resurfaces as an issue due to how he used to use in his swing before he started working on these mechanics

06/06/2018

Comment

Thank you, Coach Soriano! My main focus for the next couple of weeks is going to be turning barrel from command drill. I am going to do lots of Coach Soriano’s deep tee drill just to try to completely get rid of the shoulder and knob pull muscle memory. Here is my most recent swing

06/14/2018

lacking top hand supination
          Last edited by matthewerwin00; 07-01-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

What a big improvement keep up the good work. Worth the investment

Comment

Coach Soriano deep tee drills are great, my kids have improved from them.

I noticed you pullback is improving, I feel if you could hold that pullback as you TTB thing will sync up nicely. Just a thought. Great work, coach Soriano does a great job.
              Last edited by Mike; 06-17-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

What does TTB stand for?

Comment

Used the majority of my time today focusing on my barrel turn with deep tee drill. Finished my session with a couple command drill swings. Had a difficult time launching into the load from dead still position.

06/17/2018

I was focusing only on my bottom hand turning up here. since then i have been working on supination with top hand more
                  Last edited by matthewerwin00; 07-01-2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewerwin00 View Post
                    What does TTB stand for?
                    Sorry, TTB. Turn The Barrel

Comment

I see your mechanics/ swing similar to this .... not exactly but close.

Upper half resisting the lower half as much as possible
                      Last edited by Mike; 06-18-2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Yes! I have studied that clip a bunch.

Are you suggesting more focus on my scap/back resistance?

Comment

Originally posted by matthewerwin00 View Post
                          Yes! I have studied that clip a bunch.

Are you suggesting more focus on my scap/back resistance?
                          One of the greatest things Richard teaches is studying the greatest hitters swings. If you mean study you tried to emulate his swing, yes try and copy his swing and feel what you have to do to copy that that movement pattern. I think you will find you have to use your back muscles a little different to achieve the movement pattern. The work you have done with coach JS. Has put you in a position to really take off.

Comment

Big step forward. Small thing will make big gains going forward.
                            Last edited by Mike; 06-18-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

The barrel path of back and around is way different than what most have done their whole life but it's really the best way to reach the high level pattern.

The beauty of this site is we are all reading off the same sheet of music. We put our own touches on it but for the most part , we are looking at the swing the same way or as close to the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X