Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Starting this material with youth hitters- system, progression

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsoriano View Post
    The one in the clip is store bought, but I also use the homemade ones that have been posted here and they work just as good and kids say they are more comfortable than store bought ones.
    where do you buy the store bought ones and whats it called

is this device the one that connects to both arms and has the C shape on both ends.

Comment

Originally posted by RayR View Post
      I started using the rear legged swings with a tee even with rear foot. Focus on hitting line drives to oppo field. One hitter uisng drill hit 2 yesterday to oppo field. One was caught in RC gap other one hopped fence for 3 run double. This is from a player that never hits oppo.

This is a really good drill.

Basically this drill but full swing to oppo field

And make back foot even with tee
      Sweet! Do you set the tee deep positioned over the middle of the plate or outside?

Comment

Originally posted by HitzAllDay View Post
        where do you buy the store bought ones and whats it called

is this device the one that connects to both arms and has the C shape on both ends.
        Yes. It's called the Perfect Connexion

Comment

Yes. It's called the Perfect Connexion
          Ok I have one of those. Did you add a whiffle ball handle on the end of that bat in clip one? What is that handle extension

Comment

Ok I have one of those. Did you add a whiffle ball handle on the end of that bat in clip one? What is that handle extension
            Yes...........

Comment

What is the purpose of that extension.

I see a lot of lasering talk. I tried that and it doesn't feel right. Possibly I'm taking the wrong angle. Are we splitting the ball in half or diagonally. I used a flashlight on the end of a bat also.

What is the proper angle of the lasering

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                If I have a rectangular box that is pivoting about the lower rear corner, would you say it is rotating about a central axis?
                yes.....................

Comment

Sweet! Do you set the tee deep positioned over the middle of the plate or outside?
                  Probably middle to outside. I draw the lines in the dirt similar to what you have taped down

Comment

Central axis? Like spinal axis? No.

Comment

What is the purpose of that extension.

I see a lot of lasering talk. I tried that and it doesn't feel right. Possibly I'm taking the wrong angle. Are we splitting the ball in half or diagonally. I used a flashlight on the end of a bat also.

What is the proper angle of the lasering
                      Post a swing.

Comment

For the one legged work, are you adding any coiling elements or are you just weighting the one leg and swining from there?

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                          For the one legged work, are you adding any coiling elements or are you just weighting the one leg and swining from there?
                          Don't know if you are asking me, but yes. Hip coil (rear ass cheek around rear leg is cue) then lower back then scap. Tilt at go as you turn barrel.

Load forearms in stance (lead forearm supinate / rear forearm pronate pressure)

Comment

Originally posted by RayR View Post
                            Don't know if you are asking me, but yes. Hip coil (rear ass cheek around rear leg is cue) then lower back then scap. Tilt at go as you turn barrel.

Load forearms in stance (lead forearm supinate / rear forearm pronate pressure)
                            Ditto.....

Comment

Thanks guys. I was just throwing it out there.

Could really use help with this... JS, how is your pelvis so far open if you are coiled in your rear hip? Your rear foot isn't toe'd in so I would think you have a lot more ROM left in your hip? When me and my kids get in that posture and coil, our pelvis' close.

Are you bottomed out in your rear hip socket (ie can't rotate back any farther)?

Comment

Found a clip... See how closed up my kid gets?

Comment

Working...
                                X