Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

First try SnF

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I use my thumber to get even with A-hole coaches. I call inside slooow pitches and watch the coach at third dance a jig. Haha, seriously she will drive hitters crazy once through the lineup.

I see kids change their focus from up the middle to left-field-fence on these pitches. Consequently, they try to get it too high in the arc (out front). To me, it looks like Matt did a really nice job with the timing, but the ball was at his chin at intended point of contact. Nice to see all these game swings; really helpful and inspiring.

Comment

• I thought 'thumber' was a St Louis word.

Gotta fix the pause, Mike.

There must be a constant continuous and turning running start of the lower body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
          ...Gotta fix the pause, Mike
          There must be a constant continuous and turning running start of the lower body.
          Yes, for sure, thank you.

It's a perfect example to teach from, eh?

I've tried to suggest that what you say above is what he should be doing in every BP swing! Is it just me or is that the perfect time and place to be working on the max extent of lower half running start vs stretch? Every BP pitch. And that said, then I don't see how hitting the Eephus/Folly Floater/slurve is anything much different than just another BP cut!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coachbob View Post
            I use my thumber to get even with A-hole coaches. I call inside slooow pitches and watch the coach at third dance a jig. Haha, seriously she will drive hitters crazy once through the lineup.

I see kids change their focus from up the middle to left-field-fence on these pitches. Consequently, they try to get it too high in the arc (out front). To me, it looks like Matt did a really nice job with the timing, but the ball was at his chin at intended point of contact. Nice to see all these game swings; really helpful and inspiring.
            Nice!

Teach's comment above is right on. Good lesson for Matt and hopefully others...

...which, of course, is the point of this whole thread (and many others) -- clips coupled with Teach's comments and all our follow-up discussion is what HI is surely all about.

That said, caught some innings this morning... clips to follow.

Comment

• Topped but went for a double down the line...

Base hit up the middle...

Wrecked into the LF corner for 2 bases...

Popped to right side of IF...

Comment

• Originally posted by mikecon View Post
                Nice!

Teach's comment above is right on. Good lesson for Matt and hopefully others...

...which, of course, is the point of this whole thread (and many others) -- clips coupled with Teach's comments and all our follow-up discussion is what HI is surely all about.

T
                Absolutely...

Comment

• Ow.... Right off the cheekbone...

Kid is tough as nails... Shook it off, got back in the AB and singled to right.

(Something happened to a nerve in the process and his front teeth are still numb for what I'm told could be days to months. Crazy.)

Comment

• Wow......I hope his front teeth get back to feeling normal asap.

Comment

• Ouch! Wow, tough kid to get back in and still be effective. Hopefully the tooth numbness wares off quickly and there are no other issues.

Comment

• Getting it done ugly...

Comment

• Barrel turn bails him out.

You won't always be perfect. It's the pitchers job to do that to you. But when it happens.....the barrel turn gives you a chance.

Comment

• School season ended yesterday with quarter-final play-off knock-out.

After game coach told him he was selected as All-County.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikecon View Post
                              School season ended yesterday with quarter-final play-off knock-out.

After game coach told him he was selected as All-County.
                              Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsoriano View Post
                                Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
                                Thanks!

School stats today... Slash line... .404/.467/.635

Solid.

Should be a challenging summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X