Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

First try SnF

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY HEY.....I got to use Ulead Gif Animator. Been awhile.

The above....the good stretch happening AS he pulls back.....AS he moves out.

Comment

• I love that. You ever see Lotief's girls on deck routine? Not exactly the same, but it has the HI brand on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
        HEY HEY.....I got to use Ulead Gif Animator. Been awhile.
        It's like deja vu all over again, Yogi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coachbob View Post
          I love that. You ever see Lotief's girls on deck routine? Not exactly the same, but it has the HI brand on it.
          I think Teacherman worked out a licensing arrangement where he gets a nickel for each ULL on-deck swivel on an ESPN broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsoriano View Post
            That's a good little reminder right before he takes a real swing...I see a lot of kids take really ugly swings on-deck or in between pitches...I'm like that's what you want to do right before you get in the box to hit???
            I haven't shown it to him yet. Wonder if he remembers.

I used to get worked up about that too and it still doesn't make sense to me but I see players at every level doing a wide range of unique things on deck. Even my guy... his practice swings are this very horizontal up-to-down kind of thing. He'll usually take some in time with pitcher but still the up-to-down variety.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikecon View Post
              I think Teacherman worked out a licensing arrangement where he gets a nickel for each ULL on-deck swivel on an ESPN broadcast.
              Chappy's right; he IS getting rich off this site!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coachbob View Post
                Chappy's right; he IS getting rich off this site!
                LOL.......

Comment

LOL.......
                  He's a guy that's not in it for the $ but would be one of the few that really deserves the $.

Comment

• MC, the kid's looking great! Very happy for you guys. Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                      MC, the kid's looking great! Very happy for you guys. Keep it up!
                      Thanks JR.

Very good production and lots of hard hit balls.

Want him to continue to explore the depths of range of motion in his hip... but changes these days are tending to be more gradual.

Comment

Straight, unfiltered from the kid's mind. That's how the process enables him to feel.

Seriously, he's confident he can hit against any velo... He's actually said, "Dad, how much faster can 95 really be?" LMAO!

Success notwithstanding, these tools make him believe that he can turn around any speed that comes his way.
                        Awesome stuff Mikecon.. got about the same response from Brad.. He just faced this kid that sits 93-94.. http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/pr...519-7680192354 He said it really wasn't that bad.. He walked and ripped his fastball hard but at 3B who made a good play..

This kid had 3 MLB scouts there looking at him.. unfortunately the kids control is awful!! Scouts left pretty early.. We ended up beating them..

Comment

• Originally posted by LITHTHUNDER View Post
                          Awesome stuff Mikecon.. got about the same response from Brad.. He just faced this kid that sits 93-94.. http://www.prepbaseballreport.com/pr...519-7680192354 He said it really wasn't that bad.. He walked and ripped his fastball hard but at 3B who made a good play...
                          WOW. NIIIIIICE!!!

Should be an interesting summer with a much more steady stream of quality pitching. The school season is so up-and-down.

This shit drives him crazy!... Up 21-2 (yeah, 3 touchdowns to a safety; horrifying)
                          with some half-pint rolling slo-pitch softball arcs at him... LOL!...

(He smoked the next one through the middle)

Comment

• Lol, at least he put a beast swing into it. Was he up in the box so that those were dropping in for strikes?

Comment

• Lol...looks like his go-to pitch is the Eephus

Comment

• I think you can learn a lot from this clip.

Comment

Working...
                                X