Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mighty-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I never updated this I thought I did?

He ended up last year leading his team in every hitting stat but two. One kid had two homers, John only 1. That same kid had 5 triples, John had 4. Otherwise got, Batting Avg., RBIs, Hits, 2Bs, Slugging, OBP, and OPS.

He goes down there to Jupiter gets our only hit in a 1-0 loss off a GA kid who hit 96 that game. Stroked it too. Blasted a bomb the night before, Swingbuilder was actually watching most of the game with me. Not a shred of interest out there. Of course he's not looking to go outside of the state.

Recruiting is so weird, one kid from our team who was also on Chet Lemon's Juice, committed to Stetson a top D1 team. Now I am happy for the kid, but it's a head scratcher. He wasn't within .150 pts of John who was .408 last year. Much lower power/singles numbers and nowhere near as fast running wise at 5'11". John is 6'5" more consistency, more power, and....Silence.... There is a lot to it, he was on Chet Lemon's Juice a half season sooner and probably camped at the school. Rollins likes him a lot so something might happen there, but he's really not too concerned. Either someone offers or doesn't, he's academically accepted to Miami, UCF and maybe Fla. so he might just skip on the whole baseball thing. He's worked way too hard at academics so he won't be the one to play at a JUCO just to get on the field somewhere.

Honestly I was pretty much disenchanted watching John in the Fall. Not him specifically but we played a lot of double-headers against Junior Colleges. I'd see the guys they were running out at 1B who couldn't even hit John. Chubby, slow, and I am thinking, wait a minute. You coaches couldn't even bother to write back when Steven was a Sr. because you'd locked up a very non-athletic kid who "appears" to be a power hitter due to thigh size. Ahhh, one school had a hitter I really liked (Seminole) but some of the others we played, it was just depressing. So I said man..... Nothing will be more fun than having a great senior year with these kids you've been playing with since 8th grade. Don't worry about college ball, if it happens it happens if it doesn't you'll be fine. I opted out of college sports and regret it once in a great while but I am also sitting here in a cushy high paying job that let's me follow my kids around.

Main thing I wanted to was, since it doesn't seem to bother him, is really look forward to this Sr. Season. Hopefully he doesn't get nicked up or injured. Got hit in the face and broke his nose in the fall running to 1B on a throw from SS where the 1B tried to keep a foot on the bag to reach on a throw that was wide in the inside side (he needed to step off to catch it). Instant blood gushing like crazy. Sneaky but freak accidents like that can cost you a few games. Or something like Getting hit-by-pitch on the fingers etc.

Comment

• Sheesh, forgot to post.

He got the first double of the season here to bust open a 1-1 game in the 5th. First pitcher hit 94 MPH, but was wild in the first and he got an RBI-Walk. We hired a new coach with a new style, but he's back in the 4-hole.

Pretty sure he was 3-3 as there was what I thought was an infield hit but since technically this game was Pre-Season there were no stats. Doesn't matter.

Got some barrel on it....

Comment

• Got a couple RBIs in the District opener tonight. The 2nd one was hit hard but on a turf field right at the guy. Still got the run home, much better than a K in that scenario.

Comment

• Great to see continued success!

Swing 1

Swing 2

Comment

• Nice! Swing looks good.
            Go Illini !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nice. Real nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ropes View Post
                Nice! Swing looks good.
                I haven't even looked at the colleges. Between my friends in Florida, California, and the online circle there are a lot of kids I know out there playing ball. Keeping forgetting college is well underway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                  My suggestion would be to load the hands....then set them. Load the hands/forearms.....then pull back.
                  Teach or anyone, can you elaborate on this with regard to working from the neck slot?

One reason we float in and out of neck slot is because I feel DD's hands aren't loaded. She tends to just lay the bat in the neck slot.

My vision of loading the hands and working out of the neck slot would be this: hold bat out front, load the forearms (tip toward pitcher) and then pick up teh hands set and set them in the neck slot...

Comment

• Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                    Teach or anyone, can you elaborate on this with regard to working from the neck slot?

One reason we float in and out of neck slot is because I feel DD's hands aren't loaded. She tends to just lay the bat in the neck slot.

My vision of loading the hands and working out of the neck slot would be this: hold bat out front, load the forearms (tip toward pitcher) and then pick up teh hands set and set them in the neck slot...
                    Load the forearms - pull back the hands to where you feel the hip connect - lay off the hands to get the barrel into the neck slot

Comment

• Originally posted by RayR View Post
                      Load the forearms - pull back the hands to where you feel the hip connect - lay off the hands to get the barrel into the neck slot
                      Thanks Ray. Was seeing this sequence better while watching more of jsoriano's clips. Regarding pull back the hands to where you feel hip connect. Do you give any attention to what movement is by arms and what movement is scap? Just want to confirm as my kid is bendy and prone to being army.

Comment

• Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                        Thanks Ray. Was seeing this sequence better while watching more of jsoriano's clips. Regarding pull back the hands to where you feel hip connect. Do you give any attention to what movement is by arms and what movement is scap? Just want to confirm as my kid is bendy and prone to being army.
                        I don't use my scap to do it. I do see the hitters I have shown this to try and use the scap/back because that is something we have worked on but I tell them relax the back and load the forearms and just move your hands back.

Comment

Working...
                        X