Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Brandon's Journey Continues

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better shift starting from narrow stance working toward better lead leg assistance with hip turn . Still making contact with a bent front knee but he is now in position to advance that move IMO

Post the best swing against above with the guys you said were the two best hitters and focus lead leg extension vs time of contact as a comp and it will show the details of clearing the hips to a completed turn before contact and it's effect on POWER

Overall great improvement and now in position to go one step more

Good job

Comment

• Has anyone ever heard of the statement that "his hands are ahead of his rotation".

The phase of the swing my hitters have the most trouble with is "winding the rubberband" or "creating torque (Epstein)" or "letting the hips go 1st (Williams) or "getting lead arm extension (Yeager)" WITHOUT in turn creating the spinning of the shoulders. The arm action and thus the shoulder action is o.k. BUT the rotation of the hips is de-emphasized in order to accomplish this and then you get singles instead of doubles and HRS.

Comment

• I'm having trouble reading your point. Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Comment

• Much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew p View Post
            Has anyone ever heard of the statement that "his hands are ahead of his rotation".

The phase of the swing my hitters have the most trouble with is "winding the rubberband" or "creating torque (Epstein)" or "letting the hips go 1st (Williams) or "getting lead arm extension (Yeager)" WITHOUT in turn creating the spinning of the shoulders. The arm action and thus the shoulder action is o.k. BUT the rotation of the hips is de-emphasized in order to accomplish this and then you get singles instead of doubles and HRS.

Andrew,

No disrespect here but i am an Epstein insructor and I don't see a problem with this.
            I do think that the load is not there on the hit, He doesn't get the shoulders down and in prior to foot plant(shoulders are level instead of being tilted). also whats up with back ankle, I don't even think I can do that.

looks pretty good though,

cally

Comment

• His only swing of the night.

2-2 count...swing and a miss at a curve ball.

Game called for rain.

Hour and a half there.....hour and a half back......one swing.

Comment

• It is still fun to see your son play, even if it was called by rain. My guy is 2667 miles away and it will be Aug before I get to see him play.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac View Post
                  It is still fun to see your son play, even if it was called by rain. My guy is 2667 miles away and it will be Aug before I get to see him play.
                  wow...where is he at?

Comment

• Hagerstown, MD. of the South Atlantic League. He is as happy as a pig in s***. 140 games of baseball and lots of bus rides. The buses today are great.....movies and they have 20 sleepers which makes it nice when you have a 9 hour road trip.

Comment

• Speaking of Brett I see he has 3 HRs over 25 games this year vs. just one in all 62 games last year. OPS is .270 higher. So much for his new style being predicted to fail...
                      Last edited by Pronk; 05-04-2007, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• WTH Dmac......if you don't get on hear and brag a little I'm going to kick you off.

That is great news.

Really happy to hear it.

Keep us posted.

Comment

• Yes.
                          Absolutely interested in what's happening with Brett, please let us know.

Comment

• Guess I'll have to take my 2 boys to see him play the Lake County Captains.

Comment

• Shep I used to host Tribe minor leaguers down at Mahoning Valley are you near Eastlake? The Captains stadium is pretty cool.
                              Last edited by Pronk; 05-07-2007, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I grew up in Eastlake. Now I live in Brecksville so I'm 15 minutes from the Jake, 30 minutes from both Eastlake and Akron. Aeros have a nice ballpark too. By the way, Pronk had his first Grand Slam today.

Comment

Working...
                                X