Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Need help working on my snap... my hand pivot feels sloppy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Mike; 07-31-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

So get in my hip more and hold while moving forward?!??

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Lowe View Post
        So get in my hip more and hold while moving forward?!??

See how Richard’s rear butt cheek is circling what would be toward the pitcher if he would stride. When you coil do you feel it in your butt cheek or in your groin?

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEd1faOikY Today I felt it both in my groin and butt cheek. Still tho when I watch this video I see myself get into my hip and then move forward only stretching my upper. I need to keep my going around feeling in my back leg as well. That should also help me stay back as I am pushing forward in this video. Would you agree or disagree? I big thing I need to battle is less is more in my upper. I have a bad habit of trying to feel my stretch simply by turn the shoulders instead of really stretching in my back. Any tips on how to really work on my sequencing of trying to figure out my lower leg coil while moving forward. Thanks!

Comment

My hitters have had some success with an angled box. Gives a different feel. Just a suggestion.
            Last edited by Mike; 07-31-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Coach Soraino has a lot of great demonstrations of drills. Here is the hover drill.
              Last edited by Mike; 07-31-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEd1faOikY Here’s an elevated front side swing. My back side feels different. Feels like it’s not pushing as much forward. Lemme know what you think!

Comment

I think it looks better. Resist more with your upper body.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Coach Soraino has a lot of great demonstrations of drills. Here is the hover drill.

Resist more with the upper body. Look at coach here how much his elbow and upper body creates resistance. Practice taking longer to load more.
                    Last edited by Mike; 08-01-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Shoot lol I posted the wrong video haha here’s the elevated front foot one. My bad https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_DONg2820

Comment

I think that is a better position. A fused torso should feel different within your swing. How does it feel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I think that is a better position. A fused torso should feel different within your swing. How does it feel?

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post

He can not see the barrel come around.....because.....his torso is being driven/turned by the legs.....FAR AHEAD OF THE BARREL.....because....his arms are not pulling nor pushing it forward. The JUST.....turn the barrel.

Everyone on the internet....except HI.com.....will deny that you saw this barrel path.
                          Everyone on the interent....except HI.com.....will tell you that that scap is not held.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE....to do what you see.....and not hold the scap.
                          Here is Richard explaining the fused torso.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                            Here are a couple of videos I made last December to show how to get a good deep rear hip load without losing two eye contact with the pitcher.

Each video starts with counter rotation of the shoulders by way of waist separation. There is no good coil feel until I get turned too far.

Then, I show what happens when you stick the butt out and arch the back and then coil or pull yourself on around by way of the lower back, not the shoulders. The good load feel happens long before you could lose two eye contact.

Use Your Back To Coil Side

Use Your Back To Coil Front

You can barely see anything, but it is quite significant, and, I think you can see enough that you can get out of your chair and attempt it and create the feel immediately. In both the good demo and the bad....I reach a quality load feeling. But the amount of movement is far less in the good attempt. With the main difference being the butt out and back arch.

When I stick my butt out and arch my back (using back extensor muscles)and then coil the hip socket around the ball of the femur, I reach the hip socket range of motion limit. Then, I pull the back around as far as it will go using lower back muscles, which isn't much further but I can feel it get tighter. I should say, whatever muscles I use, it creates a stretch feeling in the rear arch of the lower back as I attempt to pull rearward more. It is that rearward movement, or attempt at movement, that I am speaking of when I say it is constant and increasing. Right in the rear lower back. It is that feeling of stretch that creates the spring.

Here is an interesting piece of physics. You will not spring forward unless your back is pulling rearward. It is the back pulling rearward that the leg works against. The harder your back pulls rearward the harder the leg works to counter it. That is why it must be constant and increasing.

When you turn your barrel rearward 'into' that load....not forward 'away from' or 'out of' the load....you get a very sudden SnF launch.
                            I think your swing is real good, my concern is when you get to live are you fused and connected or are you going to swing from the upper half 1st ahead of the lower half. This was an issue with my players until we focused on fused torso and TTB rearward.

Comment

It feels a lot different for sure. I’m actually really feeling the coil and stretch instead of just turning my upper which I am a culprit of in the past. I really really need to work on my snap tho and get so comfortable I can do it against live like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Lowe View Post
                                It feels a lot different for sure. I’m actually really feeling the coil and stretch instead of just turning my upper which I am a culprit of in the past. I really really need to work on my snap tho and get so comfortable I can do it against live like you said.
                                That’s awesome Tyler. You’ll find it . I know my comments can frustrate you sometimes but as long as you keep an open mind like you do and keep swinging , that high level swing will reveal itself. I think it’s a little tougher because you have a great swing already and it’s obvious you swing the bat real well so letting go of one swing and trying on another can be real tough. The fight continues
                                Last edited by Mike; 08-02-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X