Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mighty-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These two pictures came from the same AB??
    "You've Gotta Grind into it . . . Grrrrrrriiiiinnnnd Into it!! Ughhhh!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mudvnine View Post
      These two pictures came from the same AB??
      I am pretty sure because he was 1-3 in this game with the first inning single with the guys at 2nd and 3rd. It's weird though because in the shot before he is rounding you don't even see the runners but after diving you see them walking back. Actually now that I recall they tried getting him off the base as he rounded, he dove back and the ball got away (but hit a fence closeby).

Comment

Not only the runners, but it's like one of those "Name 10 Things That Are Different In These Pictures" . . .

Look at the people walking in the background of the two pictures . . . either they're the FASTEST people around, or that was the slooooowest developing play in baseball history . . .

Comment

Not really mud, simple to single to LF, runner goes a little wide at 1B expecting them to throw home so he can take 2B, and instead they fire to 1B. Ball is thrown into fence and my "white shoes" 5'7" (maybe 5'8") LL son doesn't exactly bounce up like Barry Sanders. So at this time the on-deck hitter is now in the catch and carry area while the other two are picking up the bat and heading back. 1B was off getting the ball (see the coach looking behind him).

Hope that was a better explanation for you.

Remember this tournament is comprised of the best REC teams from their leagues. However the league determines it that is (some go by regular season some go by who won their league tournament). Each team (except mine ) typically has a few holes in the lineup from 9-12.

Comment

That's fine Pronk . . . "mom in the white shirt and black sweater" disappears in one frame to the next and a "guy in a black shirt" and a "kid in a black shirt with gray sleeves" suddenly appear on either side of the table in the second frame, who were no where in sight in the first frame . . . that's all.

Like I said, "FASTEST" moving people on the outside of the field that I've ever seen . . .

Not really a big deal though . . . carry on.

Comment

Forgot to update this but we won the Tournament of Champions. Last year my team won the league and my best players were 11, so I thought we'd get back to the tournament this year. Plus last year my kid and my CF didn't play in championship and we lost. This year we win 8-1. Scored the most runs, gave up the least...

Comment

Originally posted by Pronk View Post
                Forgot to update this but we won the Tournament of Champions. Last year my team won the league and my best players were 11, so I thought we'd get back to the tournament this year. Plus last year my kid and my CF didn't play in championship and we lost. This year we win 8-1. Scored the most runs, gave up the least...

Atta boy!!!

Comment

Forgot the link...

Anything we do now is gravy, this is a cool tournament to win.

http://www.dmll.org/teampage.php?division=7

Comment

Forgot the link...

Anything we do now is gravy, this is a cool tournament to win.

http://www.dmll.org/teampage.php?division=7

Very impressive!

Comment

No clips, Team HI wins first all-star game 11-1 in 4 innings. LRS said man I recognize half the dad's.

Kids were actually a little tight, not unexpected after 3 weeks of practice with no games. John was 2-3, one double out near the fence in RF.

Comment

Team HI wins again. 11-0 in 4. HI hitter Trey with two more bombs. Mighty 1-3 with a line drive up middle, deep flyout to LF and weak pop out to the 2B in short RF. Team was just not good, and some of the kids including mine seem to get too relaxed. His weak fly was after 4 straight walk/hit batters at the start of the game, and he just didn't get ready in time. It was kind of a "well he can't throw it over anyway, oh shit it's a strike I'd better swing". At that point, just take the strike and say damn I wasn't ready.... Now that we've eliminated these types of teams hopefully the kids get more focused.

Comment

Encinitas All-Stars who work out with a frisbee win again 13-10 over Rancho Santa Fe. Trevor Hoffman not there to see his son (a pretty good little player, but not big like our kids) A little too close for comfort but this is quarterfinals and we'd jump to a lead and I'd save a pitcher, and did it all again. Semi-Finals tomorrow at 1:00.

Lakers this is basically the RSF Titans, as their pitcher was Witmeyer. Actually his dad the manager also played some pro-ball but no majors time.

Clinic hitters did well
                          Griff leadoff 1-4, tough game usually most consistent hitter
                          Mighty-Pronk 2-4 with a double that was smoked
                          Trey 3-4 with two towering bombs
                          Jake 2-2 with 3 RBIs
                          Dusty - pitched but only 1-4 (hole in swing)
                          Julian 2-4 with a double, very similar to mighty-pronk

Next up Solana Beach with one Show kid, a couple of Bashers, and some Peabody kids. They can beat us we need to play well.

Comment

Win one for the skipper.

Comment

Encinitas All-Stars who work out with a frisbee win again 13-10 over Rancho Santa Fe. Trevor Hoffman not there to see his son (a pretty good little player, but not big like our kids) A little too close for comfort but this is quarterfinals and we'd jump to a lead and I'd save a pitcher, and did it all again. Semi-Finals tomorrow at 1:00.

Lakers this is basically the RSF Titans, as their pitcher was Witmeyer. Actually his dad the manager also played some pro-ball but no majors time.

Clinic hitters did well
                              Griff leadoff 1-4, tough game usually most consistent hitter
                              Mighty-Pronk 2-4 with a double that was smoked
                              Trey 3-4 with two towering bombs
                              Jake 2-2 with 3 RBIs
                              Dusty - pitched but only 1-4 (hole in swing)
                              Julian 2-4 with a double, very similar to mighty-pronk

Next up Solana Beach with one Show kid, a couple of Bashers, and some Peabody kids. They can beat us we need to play well.

I was thinking go watch your game but friends coming to my house.

Out AS team got a major poo poo game today. Lost to Ramona 7 to 6. The whole team was flat and making errors left and right. First 3 innings they gave us a junk ball pitcher and our top of the line up pop out left and right. mini(hitting cleanup again) is the only one hitting. First inning ground rule double score the only run in the inning. Next AB got hit by the pitch. Butch Smith was there watching and said he would do the same thing to mini

Then mini hit a tie breaking single to score the go ahead run. Top of the 7 he hit a bullet right at the SS who made a leaping catch. Bottom of the 7 we led by 2 runs with Emilio closing the game but he had no control came in the game and walked 3 batters. Their bottom kid put the bat on the ball and it flied to the right field line landed just inside field for a fair ball to win the game

Now we are in the loser bracket and have to win 3 straight to advance.

Before the game in this week, our players missing practice left and right, screwing around during practice. They felt so cocky. This is a major wakeup call to them.
                              Last edited by mightylakers; 07-10-2010, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Ramona all-stars the bashers killed in that one tournament if you recall. That guy with all the tatoos and rods. Nice guy actually, just looks a little rough. When we played them Dusty pitched and it was their actual all-star team playing in a tournament together.

I have to fight screwing off kids too, but we aren't cocky luckily.

Really surprised Encinitas National lost they were talking Williamsport. This single elim format in our district is freakin' hard. Every single LL tournament after this is double-elim, I have no idea why we do pool play/single elim with quarters/semis/finals. Definitely need pitching. I have Julian/PJ for Solana Beach, and Trey/Dusty if we make finals Tuesday.

Mighty made the all-star team now 4 years and in the first 3 we got knocked out in the quarterfinals each year after getting out of pool play. (15 teams whittled down to 8).

LRS was in da' house...

Comment

Working...
                                X