Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mighty-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pronk View Post
    I should not question mi espousa, she did get video. The rare home run capture... Actually not an ideal swing but when you put one out on the 70+ type guy from 46 you definitely react quickly...
    The only thing the anti-HI crowd can jump on is the finish. As a matter of fact John's finish was never a problem. It's the bat ball collision. If he's swinging a heavier bat then we for sure will see a little better/ideal finish. If you put Kevin G's kid against this heat the bat will be knocked out his hands

Comment

Woohoo!!!! Congrats! Look at the ladies heads behind the umpire.

Comment

Originally posted by Allistair View Post
        Woohoo!!!! Congrats! Look at the ladies heads behind the umpire.
        Be careful. mini-ally may tell his mom

Comment

I should not question mi espousa, she did get video. The rare home run capture... Actually not an ideal swing but when you put one out on the 70+ type guy from 46 you definitely react quickly...

making contact at 70 plus from 46 is hard enough, let alone worrying about mechanics. Awesome he caught up to him and had some fun with it.

We had a lot of 62-65MPH kids in the league this year, I clocked 1 kid at 66 and 67, but the only kid throwing 70 we get to see tonight, the kid threw a perfect game 2 weeks ago striking out 15 of the 18 kids. I am not too excited to see my 9 yr old facing him, but he has battled the rest of them so I guess we will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by callyjr View Post
            making contact at 70 plus from 46 is hard enough, let alone worrying about mechanics. Awesome he caught up to him and had some fun with it.

We had a lot of 62-65MPH kids in the league this year, I clocked 1 kid at 66 and 67, but the only kid throwing 70 we get to see tonight, the kid threw a perfect game 2 weeks ago striking out 15 of the 18 kids. I am not too excited to see my 9 yr old facing him, but he has battled the rest of them so I guess we will see how it goes.
            I have one phenom 9 on my majors team who also hit a homer yesterday but not off the big boy. This kid will be so good by 12 it's crazy. This short LL field won't hold him in, and what impresses me is that he digs right in on these power throwers, sounds like your boy doesn't mind either. That was his 3rd homer this year.

We didn't have a single kid in our league that could throw this hard. Hardest was probably 65-67, and that speed is still a challenge. (Jose lakers). That pitcher as I said carried them to the last two district titles, and one year they got pretty deep in the SoCal tournament.

Comment

We didn't have a single kid in our league that could throw this hard. Hardest was probably 65-67, and that speed is still a challenge. (Jose lakers). That pitcher as I said carried them to the last two district titles, and one year they got pretty deep in the SoCal tournament.
              mini-laker and that kid were TB teammates at 10. I think he was over 60's back then.

He got a tired arm last year because he pitched too much. But he's coming back strong.

In our league we have a couple guys touch 70's but one kid is extremely wild. Another 11yo kid is in the high 60's and a couple other high 60's pitchers. Trevor from No Fear is having growth plate problem so I didn't get to clock him this year but according to the dad he's into the 70's. Then we still have a couple Carlsbad Raptors good pitchers that didn't play rec ball this year. So pitching wise Carlsbad is scary good.

Comment

Originally posted by callyjr View Post
                When playing frame by frame I think the bat path is perfect all the way to the POC. When playing in real time you can feel the whip. Either way it's a damn good swing.

Comment

Oh and Ally this film does not do that lady justice. WOW!!! Her husband was the manager and will also be my rival in managing all-stars.

In the looks dept. he's got me beat me, but of course my wife provides genes to have big kids, so we'll win out in end. His son did hit two bombs though...

Comment

Originally posted by mightylakers View Post
                    mini-laker and that kid were TB teammates at 10. I think he was over 60's back then.

He got a tired arm last year because he pitched too much. But he's coming back strong.

In our league we have a couple guys touch 70's but one kid is extremely wild. Another 11yo kid is in the high 60's and a couple other high 60's pitchers. Trevor from No Fear is having growth plate problem so I didn't get to clock him this year but according to the dad he's into the 70's. Then we still have a couple Carlsbad Raptors good pitchers that didn't play rec ball this year. So pitching wise Carlsbad is scary good.
                    re-reading my post it made it sound like our league was loaded with pitching, we inter-league with 2 other leagues and each team seems to have 1 kid throwing in the 60's and we always seem to face that 1 kid. 1st time we faced the kid throwing 66,67 he threw to 12 batters and struck out 12 batters(game over), kaleb got in on 2 of the k's, both looking at outside pitches 2nd time we faced him kaleb grounded out to 1B and then got a double off him to RC, they pulled him after that so he didn't get a 3rd at bat. He is not afraid to get in there, He sees the challenge and goes after it, fun watching and smiles no matter what the results, just happy to be playing.

Kaleb has been close twice to going out but ended up short by about 10 feet both times, he only weighs 72 lbs and is still not quite the HI. swing yet. He will hit a lot out by the time he is 12 I would imagine, but I'm not sure he will ever be a real power hitter, not sure we will play LL by then though either. see what happens when we get there.

Comment

Way to go Mighty Pronk!!! That is awesome. Taking a 70+ pitcher yard from 46ft is an accomplishment in itself. But having a good looking swing when doing so is great!
                      Only you can accomplish what you dream to.

Comment

2-4 tonight with a near homer ended up a GR double. Struckout looking first time up but I was fine with it, he bats three, smoked two line drives barely foul, and found up ump liked that 4 inch off the plate strike. Usually someone is sacrificial lamb and it was 3-2 pitch I was fine with it. Mainly because I had my pitchers working the spot too. We win first TOC game 7-3. Two more pool games before we see who moves on...

Comment

I heard that CYB and ELL may have the all stars scrimmage games planned. That will be a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by mightylakers View Post
                            I heard that CYB and ELL may have the all stars scrimmage games planned. That will be a lot of fun
                            Don't see how we can pull it off. We are not even an official team until June 16th. You guys play your games on the 19th when hopefully my Indians team is finishing up TOC. We don't have enough kids to play you without my kids, and some of these guys will have rag arms for that week.

Comment

Don't see how we can pull it off. We are not even an official team until June 16th. You guys play your games on the 19th when hopefully my Indians team is finishing up TOC. We don't have enough kids to play you without my kids, and some of these guys will have rag arms for that week.
                              If you don't need Indians players for pitching then let's play the game.

We can help you to scrimmage after 27th on your field.

BTW Trevor(the no fear kid) pitched for the first time yesterday, the kid is a beast. He's not even throwing more than 85% and I bet he's already around the 70s. They say his best pitch is slider, which caused his shoulder problem. If we can have him in July for the regional man we are loaded with good pitchers.

Comment

No clips but we advanced to Semi-Finals of the Tournament of Champions. TOC is a great test we have 11 league champions with an avg. of roughly 6 teams per league. Cool Tournament for sure. We went 3-0 in pool play with the most runs scored and least given up, so we are certainly the favorite. Still I am smart enough to know a good pitcher can kill your season when it's at one and done.

Mighty got things started in the first with a two-rbi single. We ended up winning 7-2. I am an unorthodox manager. I have two amazing power hitters one with 22 and one with 16 homers and I bat them 1-2. My theory is that the 3-4-5 guys are all good enough that if you walk my beasts one of those guys will usually get the runs in. So teams don't pitch around those two all that much. Here is our tournament and it doesn't look like the 3rd games were updated today for the C/D pool. See the Encinitas Indians. Thanks to LRS for swinging by. Mighty was actually 0-2 that day with a sac fly. He sometimes slows the swing down on junk whereas he hits the hard throwing kids better. Need to learn to hit all kids.

http://www.dmll.org/teampage.php?division=7

Oh the single (see Big Papi Teach on 1B??). His kid is one of those big kids walking back. Big Papi had a notion to send him here and almost got him picked off but he dove back in time. Blazing speed. Getting better though.

Comment

Working...
                                X