Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Brandon's Journey Continues

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Richard the stride comes back in the game. I find that when I hit in the cage, the balls start coming so blasted fast (I tend to hit in the fast machine) that sooner or later the stride goes away particularly as I get tired. I tend to buy 30 minutes, and get pretty winded. In any case the faster the machine the less I seem to stride. Try some clips of a looping 60 MPH pitch and see if he strides a little.

Comment

Pronk

Agree....you cannot time a pitching machine with your load and stride. Slowing the ball down helps.

Comment

front toss if you dare

Comment

He hasn't hit off a machine since before the Second Engine. I pitch to him overhand from about 20 feet.

Comment

My bad, I assumed it was a machine.

Comment

I pitch to him overhand from about 20 feet.
              No matter how fast you throw from 20 ft. there is not much time to react. You either no stride or you stride early trying to time the pitch. Try moving back to about 40ft and see if that allows him enough time to stride.

In all of the recent clips of ministealth he has been hitting front toss from about 20ft - it creates some problems........good and bad.

Trial and error!

Comment

We do front toss from excatly 14 feet and it works real well. All you have to do is have a smooth arm swing and the hitter can stride just like in a game, but it makes you react like it was a faster pitch from farther away. To heck with the no stride.......if the guy doing the front toss has a little coordination, the hitter can load and stride just like he does in a ballgame.

Comment

Originally posted by swingbuster View Post
                  Pronk

Agree....you cannot time a pitching machine with your load and stride. Slowing the ball down helps.

You can time the machines that have an arm. We have a master machine and it is what the pro teams use. It has an arm and is very easy to time......no blinking lights or beeps, just an arm swinging around and throwing the ball.

Comment

Our latest.....trying to find a loading pattern that doesn't degrade the swivel...

Comment

The upper half is looking much, much better. I would love to see him take a stride and get some movement over to his right side to go along with the improved upper half .

Comment

Agree - still waiting for the stride.

Comment

Double agree with upper half looking good.

Get behind him and push him !!!
                          It is all there just waiting for him to stride.

1" off the ground with the front foot and move forward 1'....
                          then 2'...
                          Everything is poised.

Comment

Soft toss him on a down hill driveway.

Comment

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/hit...ndn010207a.mpghttp://www.teachersbilliards.com/hit...ndn010207c.mpg

Brandon's stride attempt today. He loses his load rather than carry it forward. We talked about it after looking at the video. We'll try again.

Comment

to me it seems his base is to small. Needs to widen his stance some. I like the pick the lead foot up stride. IMO just seems needs to widen abit.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X