Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

What Does Separation Look Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
    ....and from what you know....and from what you've learned from the piep piper....and from what you've learned from PsychoE...

It all makes sense.

Because you give credence to those who do not know.

Check the video. Learn something. Challenge yourself to find the truth.

How long is Lil E vip banned.

Have to admit - he keeps it stirred up

Straightleg

Comment

You have a hard time with the truth don't you.

You are the typical 'defend til the end'....when there will never be an end.

Because when you get backed into the corner....from where the only out is a mea culpa.....you want to change the subject.....in a hurry.

Frankly, I don't care. I enjoy embarassing you.

But, man.....think of your daughter.

Comment

SL-

1 - toe touch is too variable and too much of a result of more essential actions that it is NOT a good landmark

2- there is very little separation until the bat starts to untip/uncock

3- max separation does not occur until the end of drop and tilt when the GO has put the front foot down (achieving the slaught "conection" landmark which is a good/reliable thing - but is also well after the hips have opened more than slaught describes)

=======

this is confirmed by motionanalysis of MLB hitters:

http://www.batspeed.com/messageboard/10685.html

ZigZigler : "For starters, the hitter takes a stance in any position (this position is random and stylistic and should not be considered the stance because it varies so much from each player). This position is comfortable and allows them them to prepare for the first phase of the swing (negative move) often referred to as loading, or wind up or whatever terminology you want to use. In this loading phase, which many of you call a backwards weight shift, the best athletes have a slight change in the position of the hips and shoulders, closing to a position of approximately 25 degrees of the hips and 40 degrees of the shoulders {X-Factor is now approximately 15} (This is accurate to 1mm)

"The forward swing is then initiated at the ground with the application of force to the back foot. As force is applied to the back foot, it creates a linear shift of weight, at the same time, their is a release of rotational energy around (rotating) from the front foot up to the hip of the front leg (the heal of which has dropped during the linear/rotational shift, to provide a solid front side to hit against). At this point there is an X-factor stretch of approximately 12 degrees (x-factor stretch is an increase in the degree of separation between the hips and shoulders)."

========

4- look at the comparison psychoE clip:

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/Junk/rearknees.gif

psychoE uses hands/arms fused to shoulder in the mistaken belief that shoulder turn turns bat and "live and independent" hands are "slop".

These are deal killing ideas that can kill a pros swing as with the experience of hiddengem getting screwed up by stevie's belief in pattern killing "details".

In fact, SteviE is "excessively counter-rotating" and creating the type of connection that forces a gate swing/turn the box like heck/rotate around front hip.

Look carefully at this clip and see the difference.

This info is incompatible with the MLB pattern and will screw uo even a pro trying to use it as with hiddenGem:

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/Jun...Englishbey.gif

Do NOT try to mix E-H info with high level swing info, you will ruin the student.

But SteviE and Marky and sarge are nice guys until you call their bluff.

some day Howard will figure this out, but he will probably be real nice about it.

more power to him.
        Last edited by tom.guerry; 03-14-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/Jun...Englishbey.gif

Thanks for the information Tom.

The guy in this video, his ball took a hard left. I could fix that in his swing in 5 minutes. just saying

Straightleg

Comment

What, are you going to move him back further from the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Straightleg View Post
              How long is Lil E vip banned.

Have to admit - he keeps it stirred up

Straightleg
              Stirred up? He provided no information and was a distraction. Asking good, direct, specific questions stirs things up here. Not acting like an idiot.
              "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
              X