Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

What Does Separation Look Like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is HG taking lessons from PsychoE.

The spin pattern.....front and center.

Being taught....not being changed.

Looks like this one on the left....doesn't it.

Comment

What happens as they raise their hands?

Comment

But there is another lesson in there also....

Comment

AT HI.com.....we are not ashamed of video.

Comment

yes the Nyman theory is you just start with some "offset" and turn like heck. Thta is what results in separation. that is simple so it must be right.

right.

look at the forearm swivel in Bench !

Look at the synch of the "up and over" OF THE HANDS. Oh those pesky hands, just ad them in later in the advanced course, for an extra fee.

look at the Psycho one spin. The Psycho one has no "resistance".

these psycho clips would be good for the Steve E thread at BBF. They might drive a lot of traffic over to E-H. PsychoE should be careful what he wishes for.

More and more people are starting to see and feel the difference.
            Last edited by tom.guerry; 03-29-2009, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Also, ask yourself if STEVIE's drill in any way helped GEM's progress, or is it more like getting to Chicago from St Louis by having to goSouth, WAY South, first

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                Most people look at the hip line in relation to the shoulder line.....or the openness of the hips.....to determine the degree of separation.

IMO, that description doesn't reconcile the hitters in the first post of this thread.

What would reconcile their different looks? They all separate. Where is it the same in all the hitters?

Seperation is at toe touch.

Straightleg

Comment

Originally posted by Straightleg View Post

Straightleg
                  Ohh nooooo.
                  "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." - Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by Straightleg View Post

Straightleg
                    You can't fix stupid, Tewks.

All the video I showed him yesterday....proving his lead arm flat to the chest and extended is complete nonsense....and he posts this today at the softball site....

I think if you start top hand at the top of your shoulder, or abit higher. When you hit some try to lock lead arm closer to your chest on rotation.
                    ....to a girl who needs real help and real help fast.

Comment

He's following the pied piper.....who has a friendship with a very good hitter....who it appears can do....but doesn't know what she's doing....at least all of it. And the pied piper puffs his chest and says look at me.....this is my girl....look what I did....and he fell for it.

And he's a nice guy.....and many love nice.....at the expense of truth.

Little of what the pied piper says is born out in video.

Comment

Making a strong argument about toe touch got me here in the first place... That was the beginning of the end for me. Or the start of the new. Either way, hopefully SL will take the following statement from me to heart.

Toe touch doesn't matter.
                        Last edited by Tewks; 03-14-2010, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Do you need to see more?....

.....about the significance of toe touch.

Comment

Do you need to see more?....

.....about the significance of toe touch.
                            See vs Feel.... he might see the toe touch here and not feel it.... SL - you swinging yet?

Comment

They all separate. Where is it the same in all the hitters?

You asked a question.

I just gave my answer, from what I saw.

Straightleg

Comment

....and from what you know....and from what you've learned from the piep piper....and from what you've learned from PsychoE...

It all makes sense.

Because you give credence to those who do not know.

Check the video. Learn something. Challenge yourself to find the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X