Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't believe it game 1 of the district round first inning, runners on 1st and 2nd, nobody out (steven is 3 batter). There is a first for everything. I think the coach knew the college guy was coming to watch and wanted him to see that mini-pronk was well-rounded. I think he was the only kid who actually did this right, I can't believe how many we missed (coach loves bunts.). He also knew we just mercied this team two straight about 2 weeks ago, and thought it was worth a gamble, it paid off the 4 guy knocked them both in.

Comment

• First inning bunt......damn over coaching. Get used to it. College ball is very micro managed.
      "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
      "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• District Championship game, we lost 6-1 in fact this kid got Steven out twice, but not this time. An absolute bomb into a stiff wind. This kid is at least 6'5" RHP signed with a D1 school in South Carolina. All of his homers this year were off the best pitchers we've seen, that should bode well for the next level. The kid from the 1-0 game I posted about a month ago was offered by the same school as Steven and I heard from a local high school coach UCF was interested in that pitcher as well. This kid from this clip was district MVP last year and committed to his school in South Carolina a while back. Dominated a high-end 8A school last week so this is the type of pitcher you want to do well against.

Comment

• Also Central Florida rankings came out. Did well in RBIs, Hits, Avg. ERA but did the best in Doubles. Also named All-District but did not get District MVP. Should have but a nice kid got it from this team we played tonight and they did go undefeated in district so I can understand giving it to one of the kids from the best team.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...8.storygallery

Comment

• What a great season. I couldn't be happier for you guys. And Mom got to see it!
            "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
            "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Just got to catch up on this news. Thrilled for you all!

Comment

• Such a fantastic journey of a thread. Looking forward to it going on and on...

Comment

• Failure was not an option....

He almost quit. He played a few travel ball tournaments in the summer we moved here and didn't get any hits. At one point he said "dad I am O-fer-Florida" which was roughly about 0-17. Then that 10th grade year for a part of the season he was under .100 and mortified since it's all out there on MaxPreps for the world to see. He finally clicked on (when we came back to HI) and hit over .400 the last month of the season to finish above the mendoza line.

He finally put it all together just a few weeks after Coastal Carolina. I mean as far as taking it into games. We will need to get signed here pretty soon. We found a playoff level JUCO up in Maryland who is losing their big stick in the middle in the lineup that's an option too, and something we are taking seriously. The local coach who offered him here in Orlando told me he thinks he's got a D1 bat, that he's just too late and the schools are all done.

Comment

• Complex decisions with many considerations, no doubt. That history of perseverance will surely hedge his success wherever he goes, in whatever he wants.

The sharing of your experience is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Hoping for the best for you all! Thanks for your advice and help Pronk.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwill View Post
                        Hoping for the best for you all! Thanks for your advice and help Pronk.
                        Redwill this thread below is from the very first thread we posted. I should have Rich Merge them so it's all one history and the dads can say "hey that kid figured out some stuff"

Comment

• Which thread?

Comment

• Sorry forgot the link. If you had merge capability of course you'd want it at the front (maybe it does it by post date).

http://hittingillustrated.com/forum/...p?130-Son-1-12

Comment

• Threads have been merged.....looks to me to be by date.

Comment

• And it is finished. The season and the decision, he has committed to Rollins College right here in Orlando (Winter Park), 11-12 miles from the house. NCAA Division 2 school in a very tough conference with good pitching, and good baseball all around.

The hard work paid off, now we need to really kick it in gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X