Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Pronk... What is the catcher trying to say to his coach in the dugout? See him shrug almost incredulously with his look after the "spank", probably saying "he's not supposed to hit that ball!" And I think he does it twice!
    Last edited by Al Oha; 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• I see the "strong position"! Great job Steven!!!!!!!

Comment

• I don't think he missed his spot which appears to be outside corner along the knees. Maybe they wanted the curve and coach called fastball, hard to say.

Comment

• If he's throwing 86 with a tight 12/6 curve that will win most high school games. Kids cannot lay off a good 12/6 CB!

I am very glad for Steven, that ball was crushed.
          "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
          "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

• Originally posted by Stealth View Post
            If he's throwing 86 with a tight 12/6 curve that will win most high school games. Kids cannot lay off a good 12/6 CB!

I am very glad for Steven, that ball was crushed.
            Get this the team had a lefty playing SS. Steven hit one of the curves hard in the 5.5 hole and he managed to stab it and get turned to throw him out. A RH SS doesn't get that ball, and he still almost beat it out but he hit it hard, and the kid had a good arm.

They can make some noise in the state playoffs because they are one division below us. I happen to know one college that ended up recruiting him last night.

Comment

• I tried to get this but with the gloomy day it's hard to pick up the ball out of his hand. At least he did something positive with it.

Comment

• Just for Lith to let him know little pronk learns a lesson on the next AB, the game was 0-0 once again in the 7th this time bottom of 7th and Steven lead off the inning and smashed the one on the right deep right but it was caught. I see catcher setup on black AND reaching a little for it, so the important thing is the kids learn. The deep out was literally only the 3rd ball hit hard all night, one kid hit two hard, Steven walked once and hit this, but we just couldn't hit as a team once again. Still you want to do something positive if the OF had turned funny it could have been a 2B or 3B.

The left swing was 0-0, and the line out was after the foul so yes, he learned you have to go get them with this ump (not all of them you do) so he didn't. Win some lose some but I like the aggressiveness in wanting to make something happen.

Comment

• Very nice Pronk! Nice adjustment - not going to get me again on that pitch Good to see he is hitting the ball well. That one on the left looked launched and that was at his shins.

It is a shame when an umpire forces you into balls you wouldn't normally go after.. I guess if he's consistent you know what to expect. My team made it to the Championship in Cooperstown last year.. The umpire was brutal - calling strikes well off the outside corner on us.. during the game I told the kids to make the adjustments but when I saw the video, they would have needed an extra six inches on their bats!!

Comment

• Another double last night, up to 10 on the season. I checked MaxPreps only one kid in his division has more doubles. Of course a few more twinkies and maybe some of those eek over the fence instead of landing at the base. Our spring break trip is to Chattanooga, and I noticed the two HS fields we are playing on have about 20 feet less roughly in the power alleys maybe some homers are coming.

By the way, for anyone asking, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that of everything I ever did with Steven this stuff back in 9th grade was absolutely the best and to a degree I think he still farts around with it. It defies logic to baseball guys, and maybe it's overcooked, but I plan to have the other pronk kid do these over and over and over.

Parents DO NOT COPY THIS exactly. There are a few things I would change knowing what I know now.
                    1. Tipping is more armsy than handsy. Notice in the double clip his forward tip is more a supinated bottom forearm movement not a full arm movement.
                    2. I don't like the inwardly rotated front leg for loading we fixed that over time.
                    3. Had a choke grip back then, those thumb things stealth uses helped although it's not necessary.

Do Copy (see rear elbow gets through just fine)
                    1. Swinging with the back
                    2. Using a corner
                    3. I still think he has a little coil rearward going here that is good, just try to lessen the leg doing it.

Comment

• Thanks Pronk. What do you call that drill? Am I missing something or is it an all-in aggressive dry swing with more of an upward plane to the swing?

Comment

• Ridiculous uppercut. All in dry swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pronk View Post
                          Ridiculous uppercut...
                          That hitting up in the silo is a game changer in how the back connects with the rear hip pivot.

Comment

• I've been busy all day. Sorry to leave you unattended.

Will be free in a few.

Have several comments to make.

Comment

• This is a good swing.

I think keeping the corner better/longer will turn doubles into HR's.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X