This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powertoallfields View Post
    You're absolutely right. They can make the whoosh deep in the IB drills because the bat is light and they are one legged, but it's only one piece of the puzzle. Without overlap and balanced stretch (I'm going to keep using it until Mud gives me the right word) around the RHPP, they can't whip, because the rear hip can't pull, even if the hands are behind the RHPP, they have to push or pull with the arms. You can make all the right moves, but if their is slack in the system, IT WILL NOT WORK!
    PTAF, give me your opinion on this.

This is one of his game bats and he's making the deep whoosh doing the stop swing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1chapterahead View Post
      PTAF, give me your opinion on this.

This is one of his game bats and he's making the deep whoosh doing the stop swing.

He's just a very little bit early getting to his handset, but his hands are going back as his hip moves and turns forward, so he does get some overlap which allows him to whip. He can stretch it more and it will become very explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by powertoallfields View Post
        He's just a very little bit early getting to his handset, but his hands are going back as his hip moves and turns forward, so he does get some overlap which allows him to whip. He can stretch it more and it will become very explosive.
        I can see it, thanks!

Comment

in regard to "whip", richard stated early on in this thread:

"But, I'm going to add a second key ingredient.....and that is the stop.....the endpoint. If there is no stop, there is no whip. If there is no stop there is no crack.

So, what is the stop in the high level pattern? Something must stop forward movement to get the barrel to arc/whip to contact. IMO, that stop is the lead arm pronation.....the jut."

====

1 way to understand this is in terms of "good sequencing" (measured by efficient "speed gains" from link to link via motionanalysis). For a good whip, it can be very difficult to decelerate (especially with control of adjustment/direction/swing plane match) the whole torso mass, so instead the shoulders are along for the ride on the torso and the arm jut becomes the site for adjustment/deceleration.

The "transport" of the "power package" (TGM golf term for entire arms/club/bat and even shoulder "assembly") is a way to conceptualize this.

The positioning of the hands/hand pivot when you "cock the hands" controls turning the back shoulder back more (match outside location) or less (inside), establishing the "turned shoulder plane".

Next, the bat begins the rearward untipping while hands and arms stay in and the shoulders reactively stay back as the legs and hips open (ground up).

At GO, the trifecta launches the barrel, but at the same time the shoulders tilt and the lead arm weathervanes as part of the up/down adjustment.

This sets the tug of war in motion during which time the flex/angle remains in the back elbow. This keeps the arms and bat part of the power package in close except for bathead starting out which allows transport of the power package as the back shoulder proceeds to take everything distal down the developing swing plan.

When back hip thrust wins the tug of war, the firing bathead and rotating forearm triangle accelerate the combination of hands and bathead and the jutting lead arm then hands rapidly decelerate in that order whipping the bathead.

Comment

Working...
          X