Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG, I already explained why there is a difference between Kaline and Howard.

Originally posted by pointnumberone View Post
    Kaline exhibits less of a 'C' because is swing plane is more horizontally tilted like an Albert Pujols. Howard's swing plane simply is more vertically tilted.

Comment

Here is a modern-day MLB hitter with a barrel path similar to Kaline.

Comment

The Second Engine is and has always been about how the hands unload....not load.

Hitters hit from many different handsets. Some tip. Some do not.

All the best ones unload with the Second Engine.

Macias is not doing what Kaline is doing.

Macias is not turning the barrel at go. Kaline is.

Macias hammers late in the swing. Kaline supinates/pronates....turns the barrel at 'go'.

Macias shifts his weight...then swings. Macias shifts then trys to start rotation. Kaline swings....then shifts. He shifts his weight at 'go'. He starts rotation then shifts.

Notice the timing of Kalines hands and rear hip. He has two well-synced pivot points.

Macias' swing plane is downward. Kaline's....is not downward....and it is not diagonal like todays greats. It is very horizontal. It is horizontal...and not downward like Macias....because he torques the handle at 'go'.....not later after weight shift like Macias.

Howard and Kaline overlap. They start rotation then shift. Macias doesn't. You can't overlap and do what the quack teaches.

Comment

Originally posted by pointnumberone
          What's he say about the difference between Kaline and Macias? What's he say controls the swing plane?
          Kaline stays behind his front side better..His shift is timed better. The degree of tilt a hitter has or doesn't have will affect the degree of "C" you see. Kaline, Pujols don't have as much as Howard or Manny.

Comment

The degree of "C" is nearly the same in all good hitters.

With some the "C" stands up more.

With others the "C" lies down more.

Learn to make the "C".

You can not quack your lower body and make the "C".

Comment

Here is Jeter, although not a drastic inside out swing, like we see so often from him.

However, I have a question...For those of you that have really studied handle torque, is it present in this swing? It appears to me, like he moves his barrel back a bit, then pulls the knob. Is Jeter different? And is he not shifting then swinging?

Last edited by HiddenGem; 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I see no clip Gem.
                Originally posted by HiddenGem
                Mark H, is a retard..plain and simple. He doesn't know the first thing about swinging a bat, and his video analyisis is pathetic at best. God help the poor souls that take any advice from that clown.

Comment

Seems to be using a pre-type motion that he carries into his launch and interrupts at the point of swing initiation.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenGem View Post
                    Here is Jeter, although not a drastic inside out swing, like we see so often from him.

However, I have a question...For those of you that have really studied handle torque, is it present in this swing? It appears to me, like he moves his barrel back a bit, then pulls the knob. Is Jeter different? And is he not shifting then swinging?

Are you suggesting Yeagerish?
                    The HANDS and the HIPS DRIVE the Swing! The SHOULDERS are along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by swingbuilder View Post
                      Are you suggesting Yeagerish?
                      When I personally worked with Chris, he never told me to shift my weight and THEN swing. He also never said anything about pulling the knob. What he did emphaize was having a controlled shift, with the correctly timing. We also worked alot on having a tipped barrel to pronounce the speed and whip into the ball, which in effect would help reduce pull and drag into contact.

The position Jeter's barrel is in when he "goes" is in a positon to pull the knob, no?

So, if Chris promotes a "shift THEN swing" type of action, I didn't know about it. Then same for the knob pull.

Comment

And is he not shifting then swinging?

NO.

He's not shifting then swinging.

This is the quacks big problem....one of them.

He is unable to distinquish between forward momentum and weight shift.

Jeter HAS forward momentum.....then shifts the weight at 'go'.

Watch the rear hip giddyup at 'go'.

This is no different than when you throw.

As for his hands.....he is not pulling the knob.....he is torquing the handle from a different bat angle than most.

How do you know? Watch how his hands stay put....in relation to the body....they stay at the armpit.....for a long time.....as he torques. Also....notice the lead elbow 'jut'....very good evidence of lead arm pronation that has to accompany rear arm supination.

Comment

When I personally worked with Chris, he never told me to shift my weight and THEN swing. He also never said anything about pulling the knob. What he did emphaize was having a controlled shift, with the correctly timing. We also worked alot on having a tipped barrel to pronounce the speed and whip into the ball, which in effect would help reduce pull and drag into contact.

The position Jeter's barrel is in when he "goes" is in a positon to pull the knob, no?

So, if Chris promotes a "shift THEN swing" type of action, I didn't know about it. Then same for the knob pull.
                          He may have never said it....but he teaches it.

When you teach anything that does not allow hip turn independent of leg drive....you will shift then throw. You will lose your weight. It will go forward before you swing....costing you the power of the rear hip pivot point and leg.

The only way to reach the high level pattern....is to be able to keep the weight back until go. Without weight back....you will either pull the knob....or you will quack it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                            NO.

He's not shifting then swinging.
                            Fair enough.

As for his hands.....he is not pulling the knob.....he is torquing the handle from a different bat angle than most.

How do you know? Watch how his hands stay put....in relation to the body....they stay at the armpit.....for a long time.....as he torques. Also....notice the lead elbow 'jut'....very good evidence of lead arm pronation that has to accompany rear arm supination.
                            hmm..not so sure..I mean when he "go's" his lead arm stays at the same angle to contact, if that doesn't change, then of course his hands won't go anywhere..The lead arm jut..tilt, no?

Comment

Get a bat. Assume his 'already flat' bat position....make your lead elbow go/do where/what his does.

Tell us what you had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                                Get a bat. Assume his 'already flat' bat position....make your lead elbow go/do where/what his does.

Tell us what you had to do.

Didn't have the video on..but to get it to go where his does, I tilted more...didn't do anything different with my hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X