Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Describe This Rear Arm and Hand Action?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand the difference between what you just said and what I said.

Hands back?....yes.

How?....load the rear arm to punch.

What happens with it?.....lead arm extends.

I don't like loading by extending the lead arm. To me...the load ends up in the lead shoulder/arm if you do that.

I think both hitters....your son and your player....could load the rear arm to punch better.

To hit deep you must punch. You must load/unload in the rear arm/shoulder. Any lead arm dominance HAS to hit out front....you can't drive oppo with the lead arm.

I believe Rowand is punching. And, IMO, he hits the ball deeper than both kids. AND....could hit it hard deeper if his timing required it.

Comment

I don't think i was contradicting you, I think I might have just been chasing down the wrong path. The curse of both of my kids (meaning sons, not players) is not getting the rear arm loaded enough. Seems like you could drill this a little with the heavy bag. Do you agree that this might indirectly lead to the contact out front? Why we might be seeing so many pop-ups?

Comment

Chart the hand path of the great hitters in my first post.

Chart the hand path of your two hitters.

The pros hands.....almost all are going down even though the barrel is going up through contact. Some come up slightly....but they all start down. Much more downward that your kids.

Your kids hands are going up from launch after they've floated.

This is an indicator of late speed....late torque. They pulled first then torqued.

If you get them to punch....to load so the punching action is perp to the handle you will be amazed at the results.

I realize pitch location will effect this.

But.....the pros get a distinct launch quickness advantage by punching.

This goes to the point I made that HOW you load/unload....how you float the barrel is critical. Before my back flared up....when I was trying to duplicate Bonds....in my video, I ALWAYS had a much bigger barrel circle....float....than he did. WAY bigger. That really surprised me. Because I was doing what your kids are doing. I was using the hands to circle.....or untip the barrel. The hands/forearms do not untip it.

The rear arm loading action untips the barrel. The pulling back of the hands to load the rear arm untips the barrel. See Vlad.

The hands allow it to happen....but they don't do it. The pulling back action does it. Then....as the barrel falls, the hands align just right for the punch through the handle....perp to it. Launch the swing with a punch and a much smaller....yet aggressive forearm rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pronk View Post
          Do you agree that this might indirectly lead to the contact out front? Why we might be seeing so many pop-ups?
          Not indirectly.

VERY DIRECTLY.

The hands HAVE to be behind the body....loaded to punch. Or as Donny used to say....the lead elbow behind the belly button. I would only add that pushing the lead arm there doesn't cut it. Load the rear arm so the lead elbow goes there.

If the hands are not behind....then you will always be out front and waving. You will never hit deep. Your early torque will push you out front.

If the hands are back....you can torque at "go" (punch) and still stay back.

P.S. Compare where Vlad's barrel is (and Rowand's) when he/they "go" (still slightly tipped) to where your kids barrel is when they "go" (largely untipped). That is a good indicator of a lack of a punch.

Comment

Working...
          X