Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

T.lowe help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
    You are Way better. General movement is good. Now work on going forward a bit more while keeping everything else the same. Main difference between your attempt to duplicate my son was amount of forward movement. Go forward more aggressively but counter that aggression with good hip/back/scap pull back such that it looks like there wasn't much aggression.
    Doesn’t get any better than this. I was fortunate to have Chloe get a lesson this past weekend and maybe this video can help with what Richard said

https://youtu.be/uAps3Y0JlGQ

Sorry about the audio quality.

Comment

Outstanding video work, Mike. We have to have a strong forward move whether you can see it or not.

Comment

Going forward more aggressively than it looks. Pulling back with his back to get the stretch controls the forward move.

But an important key is he’s swinging from the time he picks up his foot to move forward. No delay. No pause. On around. Continuous flowing movement that he swings from....but he could have held up also if needed.

You have to figure out your flowing rhythm and be consistent from the time you pick up the lead foot. Most know that it has to be yes yes yes no decision. They are there mentally. But the body has to be yes yes yes no physically also. You can not have a regular pause or slow down to read the pitch and then get moving again. The read has to happen as you’re flowing at your regular consistent pace.

Comment

Going forward more aggressively than it looks. Pulling back with his back to get the stretch controls the forward move.

But an important key is he’s swinging from the time he picks up his foot to move forward. No delay. No pause. On around. Continuous
          flowing movement that he swings from....but he could have held up also if needed.

You have to figure out your flowing rhythm and be consistent from the time you pick up the lead foot. Most know that it has to be yes yes yes no decision. They are there mentally. But the body has to be yes yes yes no physically also. You can not have a regular pause or slow down to read the pitch and then get moving again. The read has to happen as you’re flowing at your regular consistent pace.

https://youtu.be/Etf-U2jXI8E

Here is Richard explaining to Chloe

Comment

I tried moving forward more aggressively today and I tried countering it with pulling back. Here’s some video. I’m bleeding a ton out of my snap then pushing. I don’t if I’m getting to full stretch way to quickly and then a lose it. Maybe I have to delay my pullback a little. I also think I need to get much more comfortable simply snapping from correct full coil. Idk what would be best way to accomplish. Any tips or thoughts much appreciated here’s video. Thanks a ton everyone. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpnP7kNAyg

Comment

But an important key is he’s swinging from the time he picks up his foot to move forward. No delay. No pause. On around. Continuous flowing movement that he swings from....but he could have held up also if needed.

Back and around. You plunge or push forward and swing.

Comment

Fix your handset. You can’t turn it from there.

Comment

Heres me from the morning https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyweHJUomw where should I try to move my handset to. Lower? Maybe shoulder. I’m bleeding my stretch. Still trying to copy your sons pattern. I’m going to mess around with handsets in a lil. I need to find a handset that’s good for me to snap from. Hopefully that will reduce the bleed of of my stretch

Comment

Go to my Dropbox and watch StretchWagner and StretchSmith. The slow pace is important

Comment

Made some adjustments. Feel a bit lost right now tho. What can I work on currently? Just don’t feel like I’m headed in the right direction. Thanks! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCw-6Rb5TFw

Comment

Sorry, but it looks good to me. What do you feel lost about or different?

Comment

Look at this and verify you are coiling correctly

Here is a video explaining proper hip coil. It is quite large. Start the download....go to the store....when you get back it should be ready.

Sorry about that. I really need to figure out how to make these smaller. This one is 92 million whatevers.

Hip Coil1 Hip Coil2 Hip Coil3

P.S. Still uploading....I had to divide it into 3 clips

Comment

Working...
                          X