Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

PVC feels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=G6vHZCGnWa4
    I have to get rid of some shoulder turn. Been working on my tilt coming from falling off rear hip socket instead of in the shoulders as well as turning vault door instead of pushing. I’m still launching forward but I don’t think as bad as earlier in the process

Comment

• Originally posted by alex_carignan View Post
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=G6vHZCGnWa4
      I have to get rid of some shoulder turn. Been working on my tilt coming from falling off rear hip socket instead of in the shoulders as well as turning vault door instead of pushing. I’m still launching forward but I don’t think as bad as earlier in the process

I think your on to something focus on what you said and load the hands and turn the barrel

Look at this and you see the hand turning but look at it again and visualize a bat and how much the bat travels .

Comment

• If there were a bat it would be getting all the way to parallel with the ground before the hands ever move forward.

Comment

• I wanted to have something to focus my training on today as I work on my own. I read up on the corner and realized I’ve been losing my stretch at go before my barrel ever turns rearward. I see why the barrel getting to horizontal with the ground is important because this is when the stretch is released and yanked toward the baseball. I’m going to focus on the hip, lower back and scap working with the top hand rearward and the IR’ing rear leg with the bottom hand going forward... wish I could do it as easy as it sounded haha. I’ll post a swing later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by alex_carignan View Post
            I wanted to have something to focus my training on today as I work on my own. I read up on the corner and realized I’ve been losing my stretch at go before my barrel ever turns rearward. I see why the barrel getting to horizontal with the ground is important because this is when the stretch is released and yanked toward the baseball. I’m going to focus on the hip, lower back and scap working with the top hand rearward and the IR’ing rear leg with the bottom hand going forward... wish I could do it as easy as it sounded haha. I’ll post a swing later today.
            Funny you mention that because I think your roommate could work on the same thing. A couple of thoughts. The hip is part of the upper body going rearward. The leg brings everything forward do not rotate from the shoulders. Turn your triangle behind the hip as best as you can and try to snap the barrel to get it turned down to 8:00 to get maximum stretch, lateral tilt, torsion spring, 1 legged - ness. At this point it has a lot to do with timing and trusting a different feeling in your swing. Good luck
            Last edited by Mike; 06-15-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwfakv...ature=youtu.be
              Full swing. I see a lack of turning triangle deep behind leg. I feel a much better stretch and SNAP from the rear leg today

Comment

• Gotta find the three planes of balance. Catcher to pitcher. Batters box to batters box. Ground to sky.

Comment

• Last edited by Mike; 06-16-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• He doesn’t get a toss until he’s up and balanced. Not just any balance but a balance from which he can snap and tilt at go. Finds that balance. Then coils as he moves out. Slowly. Under control. SNAP!!

Righty is hitting .351. 10HR. 25 Doubles in Class A ball. This is his first professional season.

Lefty has 13 HRs. Class A ball

Comment

• Okay so today I’ll work on some hovers and increasing the coil as I move out. After talking with one of my Twitter guys that I trust a lot he saw that my knee is getting under my hip way too early. I think it’s a cause of not coiling as I move out so maybe the hover drill with a focus on increasing coil will help. Swings later today

Comment

• This is a leg lift drill that teaches the proper balance and then the proper ‘hip rolling/stretching around the ball of the femur as you move out’ move. Too many pause the stretching as they hover. They are moving but they aren’t stretching.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=uMXOGXifkhM
                          Still working on turning barrel behind corner and getting my barrel independent from shoulders

Comment

Working...
                          X