Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Game swings Chloe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to see. I even downloaded and blew it up, but the frame rate seems funky. If it's true 30 fps, she's only 4 frames from commit to contact which is kind of insane :-).

Even though she keeps the bat vertical till late, it doesn't blur till after it gets flat so I'm kinda concerned she's still adjusting then swinging. Her front knee appears to be locking out which would kind of indicate that she's blocking and pushing back with it. If her rear hip was in control moving the pelvis around, I would expect the front leg to naturally straighten but not hyper-extend. I think that hyper extension is an indicator that the front quads are activating.

Comment

I think getting better but she does tend to shift forward . Still not turning the barrel all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
        You are right. As soon as she picked up her lead foot in the game she instantly bled the load out of the rear leg. Must coil AS she moves forward and use her back/scap muscles to control and keep the weight back until launch.

The transition from practice swing to live game swing has been a long slow process with more to come. Here is her latest game swing. I’m looking for help that will move her closer to the high level swing . This swing was on 4-17. It looks like the eariler clip .
        Here is my assessment. Starting to coil forward and ride the back leg better. Swing then step timing is better. Not perfect but better

Improvements; Sit in to the rear hip a little more, Pull back and establish a corner, Turn the barrel behind the corner, more snappier barrel turn at go.

A little update on this hit. Chloe said she didn't feel like she has to rush her swing because it is so muck quicker. She can wait longer and let the ball get deeper before she launches it.
        Last edited by Mike; 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

The transition from practice swing to live game swing has been a long slow process with more to come. Here is her latest game swing. I’m looking for help that will move her closer to the high level swing . This swing was on 4-17. It looks like the eariler clip .
          Here is my assessment. Starting to coil forward and ride the back leg better. Swing then step timing is better. Not perfect but better

Improvements; Sit in to the rear hip a little more, Pull back and establish a corner, Turn the barrel behind the corner, more snappier barrel turn at go.

A little update on this hit. Chloe said she didn't feel like she has to rush her swing because it is so muck quicker. She can wait longer and let the ball get deeper before she launches it.
          A lot to like...

2 words of advice to you: Lateral tilt

CP

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPots View Post
            A lot to like...

2 words of advice to you: Lateral tilt

CP
            Short but kind, thanks. Struggling to laterally tilt. Getting closer but not fully in. She is so early her contact point is so far in front she doesn't cleanly turn the barrel.

Comment

Short but kind, thanks. Struggling to laterally tilt. Getting closer but not fully in. She is so early her contact point is so far in front she doesn't cleanly turn the barrel.
              Does this help? Have your daughter watch this...it helped 2 of my daughters who were struggling to understand:
              https://youtu.be/5Od26VW8U-c?t=3400

CP

Comment

Thanks, great video. I’ll show her it today.

Comment

Line drive 230 ft over the right field fence.
                  Last edited by Mike; 07-23-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Another home run.

I see. Some things
                    1. Better pullback behind the corner, lateral tilt ? but a high pitch
                    2. More active turning the barrel
                    3. Thoughts??.
                    Last edited by Mike; 07-23-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Line drive 230 ft over the right field fence.
                      A bit long in the arms but still great progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                        A bit long in the arms but still great progress.
                        Thank you going to work on a tighter hand pivot point.

Comment

Working...
                        X