Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Game swings Chloe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game swings Chloe

Next step is to see how close we can make her tee swing in to a game swing

Chloe’s game swing before we joined H.I.
    July 2017

Now that Chloe has a good tee swing, our next adventure is to turn it in to a good game swing. Ground out to second base
    Last edited by Mike; 01-22-2018, 05:49 AM.

Another at bat. Caught at the fence in right field

I think the stride and going forward with her weight caused her to lose the corner and not go from tight to tighter in her swing.
    The second thing I see, is no lateral tilt. She has no scap pinch and pull back resistance. TM said in a post that being afraid of being late causes issues with the swing.. I think this is an example of that statement.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-22-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Looking at the tee swing makes me think of hitting in a phone booth I don’t think that in her game swing.
      Last edited by Mike; 01-22-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Mike,

I might have missed some info, but here are a couple quick questions:

What age are the athletes there?

Are the red jersey swings very recent?

Comment

she is a junior in high school. Yes the red jersey is from this past Saturday. 1-20-18

Comment

You are right. As soon as she picked up her lead foot in the game she instantly bled the load out of the rear leg. Must coil AS she moves forward and use her back/scap muscles to control and keep the weight back until launch.

Comment

Chloe decided to go with no step. She realizes that the stretch generates her power. Here is her hitting off a whiffle ball machine with no step. I like it but she needs to do a little bit better. Everything looks a little watered down, no building up and then exploding with the swing. We will keep working. Another concern is she rotates her shoulders losing her Ferris wheel bat path. Comments are greatly appreciated.

The reason I'm giving my assessments is to train my critical eye with the swing. I want to be better at recognizing issues. If you see something or I'm missing the big picture please point it out. I'm so excited for the direction my kids are going with this
              Last edited by Mike; 01-23-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Your assessment is good

Comment

Hi Mike!

I would go back on a Tee with a No Stride and have her slow her coil down. Get her to feel her using her back and pinching the scap. Her back foot must feel pressure like it wants to turn as you coil, and then launch the barrel while tilting.

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Chloe decided to go with no step. She realizes that the stretch generates her power. Here is her hitting off a whiffle ball machine with no step. I like it but she needs to do a little bit better. Everything looks a little watered down, no building up and then exploding with the swing. We will keep working. Another concern is she rotates her shoulders losing her Ferris wheel bat path. Comments are greatly appreciated.

The reason I'm giving my assessments is to train my critical eye with the swing. I want to be better at recognizing issues. If you see something or I'm missing the big picture please point it out. I'm so excited for the direction my kids are going with this

Comment

Thank you hopefully we can work on it.

Comment

we started doing this with the j bands hopefully, over time she will get the movement pattern to stick and become a habit. I like a lot of what she is doing here. We need to turn the shoulders towards the 2nd basemen. She has the weight over the rear foot HH noticed was missing. If we do this 5000 time and then some tee swing like H.H. suggested I think that should help .
                      Last edited by Mike; 01-24-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

we started doing this with the j bands hopefully, over time she will get the movement pattern to stick and become a habit. I like a lot of what she is doing here. We need to turn the shoulders towards the 2nd basemen. She has the weight over the rear foot HH noticed was missing. If we do this 5000 time and then some tee swing like H.H. suggested I think that should help .

Hi Mike and HI Family,

I was looking to download more MLB swing clips for my Coaches Eye app and came across this site https://www.dredown.com/instagram
                        This site allows you to download Instagram and other social media sites video posts. I went nuts going to all of my favorite accounts downloading professional swing clips and drills that I thought would be helpful. I would strongly suggest you all do so if you are looking to grow your MLB swing clip library and HLP drills. My two favorite accounts for drills are Coach Soriano's and GRIT. If you are looking for answers to questions you may have, drills and a further understanding you can download videos posted on your favorite accounts and keep them.

Comment

Thanks for the download link. I use Firefox with the download helper add-in, but I'll try this next time.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                            Thanks for the download link. I use Firefox with the download helper add-in, but I'll try this next time.
                            Also for all of those who use Coaches Eye, you can listen to Coach Richard's swing analysis for a few hitters. Its great to be able to listen to Coach Richard and hear what he is looking for in a swing. Very valuable!
                            Last edited by heavyhittersny; 01-24-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Here is the latest game swing of Chloe’s. Comments are welcome.

TM made the comment that if the inside bat was invented when Brandon was hitting, he would have had him swing it a hundred times before bed. Chloe is going to do 50 per night. Hopefully,it will help with her posture.

Comment

Working...
                              X