I'm referring to PUSHING to the ball. We often talk about PULLING off the ball which is a problem that results from a poor swing pattern. Hip rotation, shoulder rotation, energy delivered down the length of the lead arm....all result....have to result....in pulling off the ball.

PUSHING to the ball is a problem that can result from a good or bad swing pattern. It can include a barrel turn....and it can include a corner. It can include the high level stretch swing.

What is it that I'm referring to? I'm referring to out front contact attempts that result from a WRONG mental image of just where contact should be and therefore a wrong mental image of in what segment of the swing contact should be made. If your mental image of contact is wrong....it will ALWAYS break down your best swing mechanics.

Said differently.....many are trying to hit the ball in the 'follow through' portion of the swing. They are not really trying to do that but their mental image of contact forces that to happen and it breaks down the mechanical advantage of the high level pattern.

Hit the ball at the jut.
Hit the ball at the bottom of the downstroke. (cue)
Snap stop it down to contact.
TIme the ball to a spot. Snap the barrel to that spot. NOW.

Establish the proper point of contact.....

Then swing....

P.S. Ball is actually struck just as down turns to up.