KevinG refuses to take an objective look at his son's swing. His theory is just as bad today as it was in the past. His statement about quickness not being important is highly uninformed.

The issue that was present long ago.....still exists.

He flattens then swings...and pushes the barrel forward....because of his dad's lack of knowledge....lack of understanding of what it's like to be in the batters box. His rear hip/leg PUSHES the bat. Kris Bryant's rear hip/leg PULLS the bat.

Kris Bryant HAS THE EARLY BATSPEED THAT KEVIN CLAIMS ISN'T IMPORTANT. He has batspeed BEHIND him....he is quite sudden....he whips the bat.

It is quite clear in this side by side comparison. But know it all dad refuses to acknowledge it.

Notice the 'down to and down through' path of Kevin....compared to the up through path of Bryant. Notice the lead arm collapse of Kevin. And....keep in mind....that dad believes the bat path is of utmost importance.

Even the most novice swing analyzer....can find the key ingredient....THE GIDDYUP. Where is Kevin's giddyup? Where is Bryants? OH MY.

It's hard to fix stupid. It's even harder to fix EGOTISTICAL STUPID.

Unless his athletic gifts cost him first....his swing will be the reason he falls out of baseball.

Dad has imposed a low ceiling on his son's playing future.

Get mad at me all you want. Try to blame it on the messenger all you want. But this swing does not come close to matching the high level pattern of the great hitters.

I, in no way, expect know-it-all dad....who doesn't know much at all....to change. This is for the innocent readers who are trying to learn. Hopefully they will not get caught up in KevinG's nonsense that clearly does not match video of the best.