No matter that not he, nor anyone who believes what he believes, can match the high level pattern. They still won't accept the truth.

Here is a post from a long time ago....when one of his buddies was struggling (BTW....he still struggles....big time) with the barrel action....

To get a feel for it you need to understand that some tip and some don't and then some tip and launch from the tip (Manny, Albert) and some float it first (Bonds, Vlady).

Torquing the handle 'all in' is a go move, yet it can be checked up until the hip grabs in a 'launch from the tip' guy.....but not as checkable if at all in a floater....because the floater goes all in later.

Albert launches his barrel rearward in that check swing clip.....he isn't floating it. But he could still check it because he didn't release it to his hip.

I think the best way to understand this is that the first 2 frames of a 5 frame swing, in a 'launch from the tip' swing, is rearward, and it is BOTH launch and stretch because of it's direction.

If I were doing a frame count on Albert I would say he's 4 to 5 frames from contact because the first 2 are aggressive rearward launched like frames....yet checkable.

If I were doing a frame count on Bonds, I would say he's 3 frames from contact because he floats through the stretching process.

Maybe a way to think of it is Manny and Albert stretch very quickly....and the floaters take more time to stretch.
And more followup....

While they feel different.....I wouldn't say one is easier than the other.

I think the issue....the reason why some float and some don't.....is timing......and what timing mechanism their body uses best.

Some hitters like to stand there and explode.

Some like more time over which to develop a rhythm to get to the launch position.

My experience tells me it is VERY important to learn the Manny/Pujols/McGwire aggressive, 'all in', handle torque. It is critcial to developing a hand pivot point.

Once a hitter learns a hand pivot point it is much easier for him to float (for timing reasons)....and KEEP a hand pivot point....and NOT get army.

Until they feel a good quality hand pivot point....it is way too easy for kids to become army.
It is LAUGHABLE to watch them misread video....over and over and over.