This clip is a very close match of a younsters swing to Manny Ramirez' swing.

No, it's not perfect. I mean, Manny is a strong seasoned professional athlete. And the kid is a not a teen yet. Manny is quicker, stronger and better at it. But.....they are doing the same thing. Maybe not from the exact same setup. Maybe not at the exact same pitch location. But.....that is a very good match, all things considered. This kid knows something that most don't.

Many hitting instructors teach a circular hand path. Their teaching believes in rotation about the hips, that drives rotation about the shoulders, that turns the hands in a circular path. And, of course, there is that 'look' to the hitters in this clip.

But when you swing a bat to duplicate a swing, will you be able to duplicate with the intention of creating a circular hand path? Will you be able to duplicate it by allowing a circular hand path?

First, what is a hand path? You say it is the path the hands take? OK. I'd have to say that is true. What you describe is what you 'see'. You are describing the 'look' of the handpath.

But, the better question is...."What is the hitter doing?" What is he doing that creates his hand path? What is he doing that causes you to describe what you are seeing as circular?

Well, first of all, when the body turns....when it rotates....the 'look' of the hand path HAS to be circular in nature. But, is that REALLY a hand path? Is that caused by the hands? Asked differently, is that what the hands are doing? Does the rotation of a rotating body dominate the look of the hand path? Does that 'look' have to include hands that are trying to be circular? Is it possible for them to NOT want to be circular, and in fact, work to NOT be circular, yet the rotating body gives that appearance? Can a loaded hitter have a circular hand path and remain loaded? Can a loaded hitter have a circular hand path and not bleed his load? What is the direction of a hitters load? What is loading? When does a circular hand path unload? Can a swing have the suddenness it needs to have AND be circular? When does the bat head release in a high level swing? What is the body doing when/as the bat head releases?

These questions will be answered here in my new blog this weekend. And the guys who have not swung, in an attempt to duplicate hitters' movements, are going to have a problem.