This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Screw Driver

roga suggested this blog be stickied in the forum.

Here is the link.

http://hittingillustrated.com/forum/...-LEVEL-PATTERN

Thanks. A great thread to revisit often!

Comment

I'd like to emphasize....here in the private forum....the importance of the 'downward' seating of the socket onto the ball of the femur.

Get 'heavy' there. Sink. Allow yourself to sit further than you ever had. Experiment with it. How far down can you go? How far do you need to go to benefit?

The seating of the hip socket on the ball of the femur....must be similar to the screw driver bit seating into the screw. The more pressure you have 'into' the screw....the better it will unscrew if tight. Consider the weight that your leg has to turn. For it to work properly....that seating must be tight. There must be a downward allowance of the weight onto the ball for the leg and hip to 'gear up' efficiently.

I have a hunch....a LARGE HUNCH....that we are sloppy 'in the socket'. I have a hunch that we are coiled around well.....but now down....enough. The weight sinking 'down'.....onto the ball of the femur....really really helps the tightness....it really really helps keep the 'range of motion of the coil against the internal rotation of the leg....at it's limit'.....so that when the leg drives.....there is an INSTANTANEOUS response. No slippage.

Try it yourself. Make that downward feeling and see what happens when you unload. The more resistance on the leg the better it responds.

Comment

I think you're going to find an awesome timing window ability.

Comment

What happens when you sit down on the ball of the femur?

The leg gives an equal and opposite reaction....it pushes upward.

Do that as you coil.

What results?

TWO TUG OF WARS......that both unload simulataneously.

The hip coil versus the leg internal rotation is ONE tug of war.
          The downward sit against the upward leg drive....stalemated.....is tug of war TWO.

It is quite easy to overlap when doing both.

Even without much upward MOVEMENT.....the pressure increase in the hip's socket by the downward versus the upward forces....is a HUGE benefit to the unload.....very similar to the pressure the screw driver puts into the head of the tight screw....to help it grip.

Comment

Sit first....then coil. Check your swing plane/barrel path.

Coil first....then sit. Check you swing plane/barrel path.

Comment

Feels a little bit more natural to sit then coil.

Comment

Working...
              X