Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My recommendation would be to actually hit the ball oppo.....doing what is described above....over and over and over and over.....until he can feel he is DRIVING the ball oppo....not just 'hitting it over there'.

Swing 'out from the body' by way of 'poke against rear hip uncoil'.....with a diagonal swing plane.....and drive the ball oppo.

Then....when he gets that down....learn to hit the ball middle and pull.....by doing EXACTLY the same thing....but allowing the lower body to turn you to the direction needed.

Comment

Help For Chapter

Check out this link. Digest it. Then have lil Chapter take some cuts using the corner as his 'stretch around' point....don't turn the corner then try to stretch it....and drive balls oppo from a tee or flips. Over and over and over. Until he gets a 'twitch-like' sudden launch with the diagonal swing plane.

Comment

http://www.hittingillustrated.com/im...ckOppoFeet.mov

While I was making Chapter's video, I decided to bear a little pain and make an Attack Oppo video with proper feet alignment.

I'm glad to have both videos, actually. The one with poor feet alignment actually shows the action of the rear leg better. The rear hip is still doing it's thing in the new video....but it is doing it into the camouflage of the lead leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
          Help For Chapter

Check out this link. Digest it. Then have lil Chapter take some cuts using the corner as his 'stretch around' point....don't turn the corner then try to stretch it....and drive balls oppo from a tee or flips. Over and over and over. Until he gets a 'twitch-like' sudden launch with the diagonal swing plane.
          Thanks again for taking the time to put this together.
          Last edited by 1chapterahead; 04-18-2010, 04:52 PM. Reason: removed dry swing

Comment

Working...
          X