Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is He Doing And When Is He Doing It?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is He Doing And When Is He Doing It?

What is the rear leg and the rear hip joint doing?

When are they doing it in regard to the pitch? In regard to the "go" decision?

How do you think that "feels"?

I say his lower body is turning too. I say it's an aggressive yet controlled movement......while waiting on the decision.

What is controlling it?

Is it different from this?

Comment

C'mon boys....answer the questions.

Holy Grail #4 is imminent.

P.S. #1 = Handle Torque; #2 = Running Start; #3 = Pivot Points; #4 = ????:

Comment

These two hitters are synced to contact. What's the difference?

Comment

Batter #1 gets the heel down then the hips start to open.

Comment

It's related but that ain't what I see. (that is part of Holy Grail #3)

This is Holy Grail #4.

Comment

Pujols shifts at go... while kent shifts than goes...
              "Turning is for nascar." - Cosmo34
              "Think big or you will be small."
              "You can't think and hit at the same time." - Yogi Berra

Comment

On hitter number one the back foot does not come up before the front foot gets down. The push has not completed before the front foot is down.

Comment

Originally posted by go cardinals View Post
                  Pujols shifts at go... while kent shifts than goes...
                  C'mon......that's part of Holy Grail #3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pronk View Post
                    On hitter number one the back foot does not come up before the front foot gets down. The push has not completed before the front foot is down.
                    You're warm.

Comment

What do the two rear knees tell you?

Comment

More rear knee clues...

Comment

Well in the Steve and other hitter the rear knee is moving before the foot has come off the ground.

Comment

It looks like pujols doesn't rely on the legs, but the hands... It looks like the hips are in control of kent... pujols it looks like the hands.
                            "Turning is for nascar." - Cosmo34
                            "Think big or you will be small."
                            "You can't think and hit at the same time." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Regarding the above two clips I asked the following....

What is the rear leg and the rear hip joint doing?

When are they doing it in regard to the pitch? In regard to the "go" decision?
                              The answer is the rear leg and hip are pushing. The rear leg against the ground. The rear hip against the ball of the femur.

What's the big deal you ask?

To which I respond......WHEN ARE THEY DOING IT?

I would bet they are doing it several frames before most of you and your kids do it. They are both pushing WAY before "go".

I've got Kent's knee starting to go down and in 11 frames before contact. I've got Kent's swing at 4 frames from "go" to contact. I've got Pujols knee starting to go down and in 9 frames before contact. I've got Pujols at 4 frames from "go" to contact. If that is what I can "see", I believe the actual pushing (including the decision to push) must have happened a frame or two before you actually see it happening. Maybe more. This means Kent is pushing at least 8, maybe 9 frames before "go". This means Pujols is pushing at least 6 maybe 7 frames before "go".

How many of your students do that?

Which raises an interesting question. If weight shift is at "go"....and they are pushing WAY before "go" how do they keep the weight from shifting early.

ANSWER.......the hands are in control. Watch how their hands remain back as they push with their leg. The body shifts forward somewhat but not the weight. The hips project forward. The hips open. All while the hands stay put and are in control. All while more and more stretch is created.

This is another big deal of Holy Grail proportions.

How many times has someone you work with said "I just can't get going"? OR...."I see what you're talking about but I'm always late".

They are late because they push way to late. They are still waiting to push at "go". You have to be pushing BEFORE you read the pitch. It's part of the stretching mechanism. Simply rotating open ain't enough. Push the leg against the upper body resistance for 4-6 frames and REALLY learn what "stretch" is about. Push with that leg against the upper body resistance and REALLY learn what the fire of "stretch and fire" means.

The rear leg push of Kent and Pujols (all of them, actually) is LONG before "go". They push their foot pretty hard but their weight shift doesn't occur until later at "go", because the hands are keeping the body weight from responding to the push. The hands are back and the hips are trying to burst through. So, as the front leg lifts to stride, the rear leg pushes, the hands hold, what happens......the hips open. The weight is just dying to shift....but it can't.....then boom. The fire. The KAAAAAAAAAAPOW that Donny used to talk about. If you're pushing at "go", you have a KAAPOW...even if you're doing all the other stuff (handle torque, upper body running start, lower body running start etc etc)

The weight can not shift if the hands are in control.

Now, look at this...

When does the hitter on the left push? (this is a professional player). When does Kent push?

Kent pushes LONG before the other professional player.

Now, this...

When does SteveE's rear knee go down and in? (I believe that to be a sign that pushing started a frame or two earlier) When does Kent's knee go down and in?

In relation to the "go" move, SteveE's rear knee goes at the same time his hands "go". Kent's rear knee "goes" LONG before his hands "go".

THIS IS A BIG DEAL FOLKS. BOOKMARK THIS. WRITE IT DOWN. REMEMBER IT. ADD IT TO YOUR HOLY GRAILS.

Imagine standing in the box with the lower body already going.....including the rear leg push.....for 6 or so frames.....and at "go" you torque the barrel rearward.

This is what I'm going to call the Timing Holy Grail. This is HUGE.

Comment

Working...
                              X