Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Swings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swings

Hi All!!

Been a while since I posted so I wanted to put some swings up of one my kids. He's come a long way but there is so much more work to do. Kid wants to be great and works his ass off. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!!!

Original Swing

Low and Inside Pitch

Working Hover and Tilt off Tee

It’s obvious you both have done a lot of work. I see a few things but what hits me, is if you work on turning the barrel better within the hands. Richards vault handle comes to mind. Starting with that will change his yanking along the barrel and posture so the other things might fall in to place and be easier to address.

Last edited by Mike; 06-17-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      It’s obvious you both have done a lot of work. I see a few things but what hits me, is if you work on turning the barrel better within the hands. Richards vault handle comes to mind. Starting with that will change his yanking along the barrel and posture so the other things might fall in to place and be easier to address.

Hi Mike!!

Happy Fathers Day to you and all the other HI Dads out there!!

Thank you so much for providing feedback. This kid has come a long way, has bought in and is dedicated. Cant wait to work on Turning the Vault more with him. Please correct me if I am wrong but that will help his body organize better, with tilt and attacking oppo a nonissue at that point.

Anyone else with feedback is welcome to comment.

Thanks!

Comment

Here is a real gem on the subject

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
        ......so the barrel immediately feels any unload movement of the body. And by 'feel' I mean it feels a force perp to the handle that forces the barrel to begin to arc. It doesn't feel a longitudinal pull.....it feels a force perp to the handle.....immediately.....upon ANY....the slightest.....or the greatest.....unload of the body.

How do you know if the barrel feels it? If you feel pressure in your hands against the handle.....when your lower body moves/unloads....the barrel feels it.

And only with this hands to hip connection.....can you begin to time a pitch....or more important.....a pitchers arsenal.

If your lower body unload movement does not immediately put a force perp to the handle.....you have slack/slop in your swing. If your lower body unload movement 'pulls the knob'.....and applies a force 'down the length of the bat'....for a frame or two or three before the barrel arcs.....you have slack/slop.

And if you have to turn your shoulders before you can get the barrel to arc.....you have slop.

The shoulders are bypassed. Shoulder turn is not part of the energy freeway.

How do you time a swing with slop?

It is very difficult.

If your lower body unload move pulls the knob.....your shoulders are loaded.....or your scap is loaded.....not the hands. And it will be a couple three frames before your barrel arcs.

Slop.

Very difficult to time.

Comment

Another great way of turning the barrel, aligning the body to attack oppo. Can you see him turning the vault handle? The leg turns the body not the shoulders. One legged and torsion spring all in this swing.
          Last edited by Mike; 06-17-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Another great way of turning the barrel, aligning the body to attack oppo. Can you see him turning the vault handle? The leg turns the dodgy not the shoulders. One legged and torsion spring all in this swing.

Hey Mike!!

Love it. Much appreciated as always! Oscillating Fan!! There is no obstruction to his path. Clean and clear. Have to get here!!

Comment

What tee is that, that Teacherman is using?

Comment

http://www.markwort.com/Baseball-Sof...TER-INFINI-TEE

Comment

Working...
                X