Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

First post: J 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post: J 2018

Hello, my 13 yr old and I have been reading the forum for a bit and decided to make the plunge.

Any and all input to help him learn is appreciated!

https://youtu.be/cO9gihyxLNA

I hope you don’t mind my making a gif of your son.

]

This comes to mind

Some real good stuff. The pullback and turning the barrel rearward will help a lot.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-13-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Thank for the input! So start with pullback?

Comment

Originally posted by Willisf3 View Post
        Thank for the input! So start with pullback?
        That and turning the barrel rearward.

Comment

Can you point me to the right drill(s) to start ?
          Thanks for making the Gif!

Comment

Coach JSoriano has a lot of great drills and post on this site. I try to get my kids to turn the triangle behind the hip as a start.

I'd suggest reading this post
            http://hittingillustrated.com/forum/...-LEVEL-PATTERN
            Last edited by Mike; 06-13-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Not familiar with him, I want J to follow the way Richard has developed

Comment

Absolutely , I was just giving you a visual example. I'll step aside no problem. Richard stuff is the best for sure.

Comment

Not what I meant at all I’d love to have your help.i just meant I don’t know the coach you mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Willisf3 View Post
                    Not what I meant at all I’d love to have your help.i just meant I don’t know the coach you mentioned

No problems, Coach Soriano post here on this site and has a lot of great drills that assist with the high level swing. The way I see it, and beauty of this site over others beside the swing mechanics, is we are all to the best of our ability reading off the same sheet of music that Richard created. We’re all trying to achieve the same thing and Richard oversees what we post and helps keep thing on the righ path. The ones that have a different agenda or disagree will eventually leave because these swing mechanics are complete can stand up to any other style out there.
                    Last edited by Mike; 06-13-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

So what’s the best way to teach pullback ?

Comment

The pullback is kind of a misnomer. Think of doing a push-up and how you back muscles flex towards your spine. Now with the bat in your hands pullback flexing your back as the push up.You pulling back with you elbow and back but your not moving back distance wise.

The pullback is continuous as you turn the barrel rearward behind you.
                        Last edited by Mike; 06-13-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I will have him try this today

Comment

Wow great videos! I can’t wait to work on it today
                            Has Richard ever spoken on strengthening of the scap muscle?

Comment

Working...
                            X