Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post

Been working on trying to attack oppo/turn barrel without shoulders.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/7XoBw4...9nhb/giphy.gif

Gif of my full swing
    https://media.giphy.com/media/2aU2pX...Q38t/giphy.gif
    Last edited by Djarmuz; 05-29-2018, 02:50 PM.

Barrel not torqued rearward and not released instantly. It comes forward in front of the corner.

Comment

This is from behind the corner.

Comment

I've been working with Drew for the past 3 days while he is in town...great kid that really wants to learn and open to making the necessary changes so trying to teach his as much as I can while he is in town. I recommended that he also post here for feedback.

-Day1 05/27
        This is what his swing looked like the very first day...barrel path is very steep

Barrel turn was primary focus this day. Here is a snap stop

After doing a ton of snaps we ended by trying some full swings from command...barrel path still looks like 'before' swing

Comment

-Day2 05/28

After reviewing last swings from Day1 we started Day2 talking about role of lead arm and focused a lot on getting bottom hand to turn knob up instantly at launch and also noted that his lower half wasn't working as best as it could in his swing, but really only continued working on barrel turn this day

Front arm Iso

Trying to get a feel for instant rearward launch turning knob up

PVC snap stops focusing on rearward

We did snap stops off tee but didn't record any so this is a command drill attempt off tee

We also did a little bit of command with flips to end Day2

Comment

-Day3 05/29

More of the same just trying to get better at it

This was Drew's idea to take some snap stops off tee with PVC

Snap Stop with Fungo

We ended with Snap Stops and Full swing command with flips...Drew said he kept feeling his lower half was not right so we ended talking about having a rock solid rear leg and continuous coil leading up to launch. Later in the evening he sent me this:

Day4 is today so will update later tonight or early tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by jsoriano View Post
              -Day3 05/29

Continuous coil leading up to launch. Later in the evening he sent me this:
              I think you guys nailed it on adding the continuous coil (tilt) and moving the axis away from spine. Good work! Nice to see all the great work happening around here.

Comment

-Day4 05/30
                ...more of the same to start just dry reps and tee reps with same focus as above. Ended with some command hitting flips

Command1:

Command2:

Command3:

Command4:

Comment

He consistently applies force forward directly into the ball.....as he tries to turn the barrel. Force must be applied rearward, instantly. All in. Done. To create an arc and to release the barrel into autopilot while behind his head.

Comment

-Day5 05/31

After reading TMs feedback we shifted our focus today away from turning the barrel to lateral tilt. After trying a couple drills to help him feel one leggedness we gave SnF a try...no flips today just stayed on the tee...mostly just this with focus on launching rearward getting behind the leg

SnF1:

SnF2:

SnF3:

45SnF1:

45SnF2:

45SnF3:

45SnF4:

Comment

Much improved. The 45's have a hint of 'in front of the corner'. The 90's are best.

Comment

Update: I have been working more on understanding and feeling dry swings the last day or two. I've been trying to get the sensation of the tilt turning the leg forward along with rearward barrel. How does this look? @TM, will continue to improve the 45's to be more "behind the corner" I see myself push my back shoulder and rear arm forward a bit before the snap.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5tvJUY...mxHr/giphy.gif

Comment

I have been working on axe handle stop swings at a low-medium intensity to try and feel the barrel turn. This was a tool that was used a lot by Ray's Joey Wendle this offseason who is an alum of my college. My feeling is that this is a pretty good tool as in order to hit the ball flush you must snap the hands under immediately without pushing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/AlPNCW...WD4W/giphy.gif
                          Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comment

This looks good but it plays so fast. I’m sure it’s better. Can anyone help get this into a format I can download? Please.

Comment

This one looks good also. Would like to see a bit more coil.

Comment

Working...
                              X