Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

First Post. Kayden and Nate swing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post. Kayden and Nate swing

First post looking for advice on swings. Had online lessons for my son and doesn't seem to be working or producing for the game. Ran across this stuff from twitter. I played high school ball and hadn't hit a baseball in about 15 years and decided to start swinging to help me teach my son. Video is me second time out at batting cage and my son in recent batting practice. I've browsed around the forum and all over teachermans twitter and we've started doing a bunch of the drills. I have a bunch of drills saved for online and we are going to start working. If there is any direction in a starting point, what to focus on first, best way to go about things I'd love to hear. Looking for whatever advice we can get!

These are basic batting practice swings

Kayden
    https://gph.is/2KP9hHR

Nate
    https://gph.is/2FZydsp
    Last edited by Bernerchiro; 05-09-2018, 07:50 PM.

Having trouble figuring out how to embed the files. Keeps saying too large

Comment

Hi there, can't see clips.

Who were the online lessons from?

Comment

[

Originally posted by Bernerchiro View Post
        First post looking for advice on swings. Had online lessons for my son and doesn't seem to be working or producing for the game. Ran across this stuff from twitter. I played high school ball and hadn't hit a baseball in about 15 years and decided to start swinging to help me teach my son. Video is me second time out at batting cage and my son in recent batting practice. I've browsed around the forum and all over teachermans twitter and we've started doing a bunch of the drills. I have a bunch of drills saved for online and we are going to start working. If there is any direction in a starting point, what to focus on first, best way to go about things I'd love to hear. Looking for whatever advice we can get

These are basic batting practice swings

Kayden
        https://gph.is/2KP9hHR

Nate
        https://gph.is/2FZydsp

Last edited by Mike; 05-09-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting those!

Comment

Thanks for posting those!
            You're welcome the transition to the high level hitting will be a great experience for you and your son

Comment

We’ve been working on a bunch of the drills. Is there an “order” or sequence that’s preferable? Seems Richard likes to start with the upper part first getting the barrel moving rearward quickly

Comment

We’ve been working on a bunch of the drills. Is there an “order” or sequence that’s preferable? Seems Richard likes to start with the upper part first getting the barrel moving rearward quickly
                Make one of these to help you accomplish that.

Comment

This is a great drill also
                  Last edited by Mike; 05-10-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks! We’ve been working on both of those for the last 2 days. We will keep working a post an update

Comment

Comment

This has helped , along with the other stuff, one of my kids turn the barrel qicker. She still has more work to do.
                        Last edited by Mike; 05-10-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Any thoughts on my swing? Trying to determine what I see versus what I feel. I think taking swings and feeling it will make it easier to teach my son. What’s right/wrong? I had never seen any of this prior to those swings in the cage and turning the barrel rearward was a new concept to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

This has helped , along with the other stuff, one of my kids turn the barrel qicker. She still has more work to do.
                            With this drill what is the verbal instruction or mindset or what you should feel?

Comment

With this drill what is the verbal instruction or mindset or what you should feel?
                              For her, she is trying to use her hands and triangle to turn the barrel. Her shoulders would move first insted of last and that won’t work If your trying to be sudden .

Looking at your swing I think Scap pullback to establish a corner would be a good start. When you swing do you feel 1 legged in your swing?

[IMG]http://www.hittingillustrated.com/images/SpineScap1.mov[/IMG]
                              Last edited by Mike; 05-10-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X