Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Ethan's Swing: Working towards a High Level Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethan's Swing: Working towards a High Level Pattern

http://gph.is/2JoQVfr

Working towards building a swing that will get the job done at all levels. Any feedback is very much welcomed!

http://gph.is/2JoQVfr
    Last edited by speedkills; 04-26-2018, 03:52 PM. Reason: Embed gif

Until some more experienced posters comment. You can’t go wrong doing the happy Gilmore
    drill. This a really amazing way to hit. I’ve seen a real transformation in the players I’ve worked with but it takes a total buy in. Jump head first in the deep end of the pool or don’t bother. JMO. Welcome
    Last edited by Mike; 04-25-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Will do. Thank you very much for sharing. Also, how do I embed video? I tried doing it here but, obviously, did not get it.

Comment

Jryan15 help me with the same question. Let me know if you need more help. Piece of cake after a couple time doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
        Hi all,

Mike was looking for a hand on uploading videos so I thought I'd start a thread on making GIF's from youtube videos. If anyone has more expedient methods, please share!

1. For me I love having google plus automatically backup all my photos and videos from my Android phone. When I'm at the field, I just take videos and when I get back home on wifi, my phone automatically uploads all my videos and photos.

2. Youtube has a tool to import videos directly from google+. You see it on the right when you click on upload videos. This method keeps me from ever having to download videos using cables...

3. There are a few sites that will let you convert youtube videos to GIF's. I tried using makeagif but it was giving me errors going directly from youtube, but gifs.com worked ok.

https://gifs.com/
        https://makeagif.com/

4. Both of these sites have lots of options, here are some useful ones.

Timeline adjustment - both let you change start time and trim the length
        Cropping - Gifs.com
        Adding captions - Gifs.com
        Providing links - Makeagif will output a link that you can paste straight into HI

5. If you only have a "direct link" to the gif, on the HI post, choose the "insert image" button and paste the direct link in there.

That should be it. If anyone else has better or more efficient methods, let's hear them!

BTW - I still do a lot of GIFs the old school way using virtualdub. Vdub lets you do lots of really advanced things like zooming, changing frame rates, flipping, reversing, side by sides, etc.

Here are a couple threads where I describe how to do some of the advanced vdub tasks:
        http://hittingillustrated.com/forum/...ght=virtualdub

Also the free software, Kinovea, is a really great slow motion software. It will let you put two videos sidebyside and synchronize them easily.

I wish that I could find something that would let me go from google+ directly to a GIF. That would save a couple steps... I'm going to post this request on the two gif sites that I mentioned above.
        Last edited by Mike; 04-25-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Here is more video. I feel like I have made improvements since then, particularly within my load, scap clamp and lateral tilt. As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by speedkills; 04-26-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Good work there. What level are you now?

Comment

18yr old freshman. Got cut from D3 college team last fall. Here are Swings from Thursday.

Comment

Working...
              X