Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Snapman Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapman Clinic

I was able to attend one of TMs clinics this past weekend and it was great to see him in action again...I always learn how to be a better instructor after seeing him work with hitters A quick rundown of what drills he put the hitters thru:

ALL DRILLS WERE DONE WITH A NO STRIDE STANCE AND NECK SLOT...JUST LOAD AND SWING

1. high tee...like really high...shoulder height. Emphasized the 90degree relationship between barrel and rear forearm. Instructed hitters to make sure imaginary laser coming out of the knob was on the same plane as the ball so all hitters had to do to get barrel to ball was swivel 90degrees.

2.tee was lowered to belt high location. He had hitters load the EXACT same way they did to the super high tee then just bend body to align laser of knob to new pitch height

3.tee was lowered a third time to a knee high location. He had hitters load the EXACT same way they did to the super high tee then bend body to align laser of knob to new pitch height.

4. low tee with a wall

5. Command drill with the low tee and wall set up

6. 45 degree snap stop swings with insider bat and soft toss

7. 45 degree snap stop swings with real bat and front toss...I think maybe they also took some full cuts from this stance

8. usually ran out of time before he could introduce momentum but would end the session talking about it.

It was very cool to talk to TM after the clinics and hear some of the stories

Houston clinic was great. Yes, if I remember correctly we did take full cuts in a 45 degree stance. I just want to know how I didn’t recognize you?? Was there Friday and Saturday morning

Comment

Originally posted by jsoriano View Post
      I was able to attend one of TMs clinics this past weekend and it was great to see him in action again...I always learn how to be a better instructor after seeing him work with hitters A quick rundown of what drills he put the hitters thru:

ALL DRILLS WERE DONE WITH A NO STRIDE STANCE AND NECK SLOT...JUST LOAD AND SWING

1. high tee...like really high...shoulder height. Emphasized the 90degree relationship between barrel and rear forearm. Instructed hitters to make sure imaginary laser coming out of the knob was on the same plane as the ball so all hitters had to do to get barrel to ball was swivel 90degrees.

2.tee was lowered to belt high location. He had hitters load the EXACT same way they did to the super high tee then just bend body to align laser of knob to new pitch height

3.tee was lowered a third time to a knee high location. He had hitters load the EXACT same way they did to the super high tee then bend body to align laser of knob to new pitch height.

4. low tee with a wall

5. Command drill with the low tee and wall set up

6. 45 degree snap stop swings with insider bat and soft toss

7. 45 degree snap stop swings with real bat and front toss...I think maybe they also took some full cuts from this stance

8. usually ran out of time before he could introduce momentum but would end the session talking about it.

It was very cool to talk to TM after the clinics and hear some of the stories
      Thanks Coach Soriano!!

Comment

Racing the G.O.A.T.

I got him on this one but you can see only because he flinched a little bit

Teacherman beat me here

Comment

Originally posted by AidanJ View Post
          Houston clinic was great. Yes, if I remember correctly we did take full cuts in a 45 degree stance. I just want to know how I didn’t recognize you?? Was there Friday and Saturday morning
          After Houston he did a clinic in Angleton, TX on Sunday and Monday. I went to that one.

Comment

Ohh got it got it

Comment

He's coming to California next month I'm excited to be able to go .

Comment

Maybe the greatest invention ever

Teach mentioned this tool in his twitter feed. If you guys have any, or get any, info from his clinics about this tool, would love to hear more about it.

Comment

Mike is going to post a clip of me using it.

Comment

Game changer......
                    Last edited by Mike; 12-24-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Make sure the scap stays pinched to the spine. Snap the hands. All in. Instant bWeight should get to the bottom as quickly as you can. Should feel weight hit bottom before you feel body turn. Or at least simultaneous. Body should definitely not turn first.

Comment

Highly recommend this tool with daily reps. Saw it in Houston. Made it today. 2.5lb weight. 3/4” pvc about 16” long. Black is Athletic tape.

Comment

Working...
                        X