Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Out from the body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out from the body

I see some timing issues , slop, and the need to load better but out from the body looks good to my armature eyes and I got excited to share. Comments are welcomed

I had Chloe do this drill before we hit off the tee

And this one
    Last edited by Mike; 02-08-2018, 02:01 AM.

Today

Wednesday

Last edited by Mike; 10-14-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I know this is a different angle and certainly not a perfect swing by any means, but the focus was getting the barrel into the neck slot and turning the crap out of the barrel with the rear forearm. This ball was outer half and went to fence to RF using beat up shag balls.

The constant fight is to get the girls to not rely on their torso/shoulder to turn the barrel. They have to develop the forearm strength the rip the handle around their rear forearm

Comment

Looking at your girl, you can see her loading her back and hands as she pulls back.

That is one of the several things we are addressing but thanks for pointing it out my eyes and awareness is not as strong as some of the more experienced posters here.
        Last edited by Mike; 10-14-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Neck slot & split grip.

Comment

Got to learn to launch from behind the corner. To do that you coil max. Then tilt the torso (away from opposite middle infielder) over the ball of the femur as the go move. Snap the hands simultaneously with the tilt.

Each swing I see, your hitter(s) want some momentum before they launch. And this false need for momentum causes them to bleed the corner before they launch. It's like they want to break inertial first....then swing. No. The hand snap and tilt must be first. That action will break inertia and cause the body to burst as a result. (if loaded properly....SnF load around rear leg)

Said another way, the snap of the hands is late.....or.....very slow. Not nearly instant. Not nearly sudden. Not nearly all in instantly.

The swing is the equivalent of a muscle twitch. Twitch the body. Make the body twitch so fast that the arms can not move forward first. Make the body twitch so fast/sudden that nothing has time to go wrong.

Comment

Thanks, for the instructions on turning the barrel instantally. I still see some small body movement but more movement in the barrel behind her

compared to other attempts. I'm looking for progress in the right direction. I see more work is needed.
              Last edited by Mike; 10-28-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Trying to turn the barrel behind her.

Comment

Must get more one legged and get a deeper coil then laterally tilt at go.

Comment

Lots of stretch n fire drills?
                    Last edited by Mike; 11-02-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

she did lots of stretch n fire drills

She said this swing felt more powerful than others
                      Last edited by Mike; 11-02-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Major improvement.

Comment

Watch the tee clip just from the waist down.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                            Major improvement.

You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear this. Thanks for the continued help and support. This is a 180 degrees difference from what I've been teaching her. She felt the surge of power in her bat that you have described to all of us. She is really pumped up to hit.
                            Last edited by Mike; 11-03-2017, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RayR View Post
                              Watch the tee clip just from the waist down.
                              Ok, what am I looking for????

I think she could wring out the rag a little more and hold the hands back better. This would probably get her barrel to turn instantly in to her lateral tilt because she kind of drags it a little?
                              Last edited by Mike; 11-03-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X