Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Stop Messing Around....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Messing Around....

Get your butt to St. Louis. Get here. Get it over with. Stop the toe dipping. Jump in.

The amount of progress that can be made in 7 hours of in person instruction is amazing. (2 hrs Fri night, 2 hrs Sat morning, 2 hrs Sat night, 1 hr Sun morning)

The same words I type have new meaning when you get the in person instruction. EXAMPLE: How many times have I typed that MOVEMENT is removing slack....and the real loading happens AFTER slack is removed when you don't see movement? Yet....clips show slack removal but no stretch. How many times have I typed the good scap action shows little movement at all....I even made a clip showing that....yet....the clips posted show a scap LOAD....which then must UNLOAD. And the scap unload is a push.

NOW is the time to come. Get the right information. Learn the feel of the pattern so you can rep it all winter long....engrain it.....so your son or daughter can be the hitter they want to be next spring.

Dilly dallying around until spring....is a HUGE mistake. You need to start now.

If you've been to a clinic before....it's free.
    If you've paid for the online instruction package....it's free.
    If you've just paid for a membership....but not instruction....it's $150.

Stop wasting time. Get er done.

OK....off my soap box.

Teach, you're awesome! Everyone else around is just full of words, but not you... Can't thank you enough. We might plan another trip, and I'd love to bring a couple others with me :-).

Thanks!!!

Comment

Bring em.

NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
        Get your butt to St. Louis. Get here. Get it over with. Stop the toe dipping. Jump in.

The amount of progress that can be made in 7 hours of in person instruction is amazing. (2 hrs Fri night, 2 hrs Sat morning, 2 hrs Sat night, 1 hr Sun morning)

The same words I type have new meaning when you get the in person instruction. EXAMPLE: How many times have I typed that MOVEMENT is removing slack....and the real loading happens AFTER slack is removed when you don't see movement? Yet....clips show slack removal but no stretch. How many times have I typed the good scap action shows little movement at all....I even made a clip showing that....yet....the clips posted show a scap LOAD....which then must UNLOAD. And the scap unload is a push.

NOW is the time to come. Get the right information. Learn the feel of the pattern so you can rep it all winter long....engrain it.....so your son or daughter can be the hitter they want to be next spring.

Dilly dallying around until spring....is a HUGE mistake. You need to start now.

If you've been to a clinic before....it's free.
        If you've paid for the online instruction package....it's free.
        If you've just paid for a membership....but not instruction....it's $150.

Stop wasting time. Get er done.

OK....off my soap box.
        Great points Teacherman ..Can you inbox me with details..address..dates available etc?

Comment

PM sent.

For the rest of you....I'm thrilled at the response this is getting. People are PM'ing asking for dates and times and advice on who they should send.

I prefer no more than 2 or 3 players. But when it comes to dads/coaches/instructors that come with the players.....I don't care. Bring it on.

To be clear....if you've already paid for Private Online Instruction before....it's free.
          If you've paid for just the monthly membership....it's $150. But for that you'll get an annual membership....so that we can follow up online.

Comment

If you have doubts....let me believe for you....until you can believe for your son/daughter....until they can believe for themselves.

If a = b, and then b =c. then eventually a = c.

My belief will be adopted by your son/daughter eventually.

The MECHANIC is awesome.

Comment

I would love to be able to send a link of this thread to my small distribution list to show everyone that HI isn't just some baseball pay site. Teach doesn't just look at clips and chunk out a to-do list. He'll back it up with his own personal time. Show me someone, anyone, on any other sport site like this who would make the same offer to the members.

HI is a one-of-a-kind. Thanks for all you do Teach. I'll have a PM request in very soon. Gotta figure out fall break for the kids.

Comment

Teach, allow me to offer this testimonial.

My sons are the 2 boys in the "My Weekend" thread that Teach started. We've been working at this for a long time, 2 years and counting. Every time I would get some part of the pattern fixed it would create another issue somewhere else. At times when it clicked for them they did very well but they were never able to stay close to pattern consistently so that they could really start moving to the next level. After working with them for countless hours, I became exasperated because I knew that Teach could get it to click so much better if my sons were working with him in-person. AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! Despite driving 30 hours round-trip, there is no doubt in my mind that I spent that drive time wisely. Those hours got them to Teach and back and he got things simplified and very close to the pattern. If I had taken those 30 hours and tried to use them instruct the boys instead, I doubt that I would have even come close, after all, I couldn't get it done after 2 years and reading every post on this site. For me, visiting Teach if you're struggling, is a NO BRAINER. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner and more often!

Comment

Working...
                X