Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Breakdown this swing please! ministealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown this swing please! ministealth

I think this swing is awesome! Is there anything wrong with it?

http://youtu.be/ZgipVQ5B2ro

I would love for someone to ulead-type breakdown of frames because I would like to know each and every movement and how he got there.

This swing to me is compact, powerful, adjustable and effortless.

It is something that I would like minially to strive for.

I can type a long paragraph with a lot of details.

But what I recommend is you....and then minially with your help....after you've got it pretty close....stand in front of a mirror or something that reflects....and take the swing in 3 or 4 frame segments....and get each segment to look like ministealth.

Get each segment right.
    Then get the 'connection' of each segment right.

It really isn't that hard with the knowledge you've acquired over the years.

Everyone's body is different in shape and strength. But I just don't think it is that difficult to figure it out.

Now....doing it all at ministealths speed isn't easy at all when first doing it. But after some reps you can put the segments into a nice flowing swing.

And then you work to get better and better and better at it.

The first thing I would pay attention to is the timing of the tip and the pick up of the lead leg and the coil that is associated with that.....and the amount of momentum used with it. It isn't much but it is important.

All of these things done properly will give you a feel in your hip socket....that I would describe as constant movement....NO PAUSE.....from coil to turn forward (I say 'turn forward' because it is not really uncoil because the leg is turning you, not the hip). Get the tip timing with that hip/leg/ballandsocket feeling and you'll have it in no time.

I would also keep in mind that ministealth cut this swing on the walkup drill and the inside seam drill. Those thoughts will provide some insight into the swing.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
      I can type a long paragraph with a lot of details.

But what I recommend is you....and then minially with your help....after you've got it pretty close....stand in front of a mirror or something that reflects....and take the swing in 3 or 4 frame segments....and get each segment to look like ministealth.

Get each segment right.
      Then get the 'connection' of each segment right.

It really isn't that hard with the knowledge you've acquired over the years.

Everyone's body is different in shape and strength. But I just don't think it is that difficult to figure it out.

Now....doing it all at ministealths speed isn't easy at all when first doing it. But after some reps you can put the segments into a nice flowing swing.

And then you work to get better and better and better at it.

The first thing I would pay attention to is the timing of the tip and the pick up of the lead leg and the coil that is associated with that.....and the amount of momentum used with it. It isn't much but it is important.

All of these things done properly will give you a feel in your hip socket....that I would describe as constant movement....NO PAUSE.....from coil to turn forward (I say 'turn forward' because it is not really uncoil because the leg is turning you, not the hip). Get the tip timing with that hip/leg/ballandsocket feeling and you'll have it in no time.

I would also keep in mind that ministealth cut this swing on the walkup drill and the inside seam drill. Those thoughts will provide some insight into the swing.
      We really focus on this part. For us the hands control/start the swing. We talk about not using the arms/shoulders when loading. We want the elbow to raise engaging the scap. The timing of this and the leg kick is crucial. If you start one or the other too early you get out of sync real quick.

The hip coil has to get you in a position to attack oppo - once I understood what Teacherman meant by this it has really helped in Mini's set up and approach.

This particular swing was against the MVP pitcher at Jupiter. As good a pitcher as I have ever seen at this level. He was up to 92 with sink and everything he threw was hard and heavy.
      "Tip it and rip it" - In Memory of Dmac
      "Hit the inside seam" - In Memory of Swingbuster

Comment

Working...
      X