Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Owen and Pierson 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owen and Pierson 2012

This is the first video after the CCU clinic.

This is Pierson. He's about to play his first year of 11/12 ball. We just picked up a drop 8 bat to begin to transition down to drop 3 which is where he needs to be AFTER next year. He was using a drop 10 and after this practice session he mentioned that he felt like he had to use more of his body to swing the bat but just a little.

Anyway, here is the PRE CCU video.

I should remark that we talked about click-back and about Lynelle's belly button turning. He seems improved to me and this was really our first real session and it was only 30 mins or so. Basketball has finally ended!

So with that, wondering what you recommend next Teach & Co.??? Also wondering if you had a chance to look at the pitching video of him that you shot Teach. Hope you and everyone here has been well. Thanks.

Hi Pronk, thanks for responding. We just jumped out for some quick video off of our machine with auto feed. Some balls were a little wet so the pitches are a little erratic. Still though the Gif seems fine overall except that the earlier pitches are better and thus the swings are better, the 2nd half of the gif has bad pitches due to wet balls. Also I can see that I really need to make my decision to buy this software or another vendor's, gotta get rid of the watermark! Really anxious to hear your thoughts. Thanks again.

Last edited by redwill; 02-11-2013, 11:35 AM.

Do you have some recent clips without the tee?

Comment

Hi Pronk, please see above.

Comment

Originally posted by redwill View Post
        Hi Pronk, please see above.
        RedWill - I have separated each individual .gif from the original file. I can send them to you to repost, or I can post them here for you, if you'd like.

Comment

Well thanks very much Roga. If you don't mind posting them that would be great. I'm not an expert on this video stuff just yet!

Comment

Comment

These look pretty good to me redwill. We need to get you some better software to convert these clips so you don't have that blasted text.

I used the downloader app in firefox to do it and it's nice enough to put the warning in the upper left part of the clip.

Comment

Thank you pronk. I am trying to figure out which vid converter to buy right now but if you have the name of the firefox add on I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Download Helper.

Comment

Thanks Pronk. I am trying to get it to work now.

Comment

RedWill you are lo-Tech.

Basically there is a little icon up there in my firefox (version 9). When I click on that icon with the right mouse button there is a drop down called Convert Videos. From there I usually convert to mpeg-2 since my Virtualdubmod can handle that.

So let's I have an mp4 file (since I don't have quicktime pro)

1. Right click the DownloadHelper Icon
                      2. click Convert Videos
                      3. Change the icon from FLV to Video
                      4. Pick the file I want
                      5. When converter options come up, I select Mpeg-2-DVD (NTSC)
                      6. Under Details I select file extension as mpeg

And off it goes. From there I open the file in VirtualDubMod, to make my clip and open in AnimationShop to make my gif.

Comment

Thanks for the patience and guidance Pronk!

I went with your super eright suggestion. As you noted, not the greatest output but it works!

I can use it and filezilla and roll for now so please check out these 2 unobstructed swings that I pulled from the prior vid. The pitches aren't that great but as soon as the weather clears we will be in the backyard getting better video with better swings at better pitches.

I hate to buy things that are stop-gap so I have been trying to wait it out so that I understand the ins and outs of videos, trimming them, outputs etc. I ran out of patience with myself though and went back to your original post but took a few of my own short cuts. Thanks again!

Comment

Just to harass you some more it's usually good form to break each swing. If it's a 30 FPS swing, usually it's somewhere between 40-80 frames depending how much load you show. But you have to use a gif animator or something like virtualdubmod to chop frames more easily.

Comment

OK thanks for the advice on gif posting etiquette. I didn't realize that. I think I can use realplayer to trim to one swing per gif and should be good to go. Hopefully the weather cooperates soon and I can upload better examples. Thanks again.

Comment

, ,

Three I was able to produce today and then I tried to take it a step further myself. I do pick up a bat to get a feel and take dry swings but I still have a hard time breaking my old swing after all these years. Still feels very awkward but in an attempt to be able to help my sons I know that I really need to find a way to feel it and reach the HLS myself. I got started with these 3 off of the tee.

, ,

Got quite a few swings and gifs made but started with these. Quality ok?
                              Last edited by redwill; 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X