Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Apollo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo

... He needs his own thread too....

Line out to center:

Oppo Bomb just foul:
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." - Leo Durocher

His swing reminds me of JD Drew

Comment

3-4, 2 Doubles, 3 RBI, 3 Runs Scored

Another BOMB Foul (this time to the pull side)

1-2 Oppo Gap Double Off Curveball

1-0 Oppo Double Soft Throwing Lefty (Literally hit the dust off this ball!)

He has 5 doubles and a triple in 4 games. His triple was just to the right of the 400 ft sign in center the other day. JUCOs???
      Last edited by Tewks; 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

A great view of overlap and 'stretch around' and attacking oppo.

There is no question in my mind why he is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
          A great view of overlap and 'stretch around' and attacking oppo.

There is no question in my mind why he is successful.
          I think he can get tighter, but he mashes. Against better competition, has will need the tightness and to be more sudden. He shows flashes in the cage... flashes of incredibly sudden, short, tight, explosive swings. Can't wait till he takes one of those in a game.

Comment

Yes! This is the lefty that was hurting my ears when he hit the ball! Contact was very loud and sharp in my earphones.

Comment

Went 2-4 today with a "moon shot bomb" tonight. First yack of the year, but he has 5 or 6 doubles and a triple. I think they are 6 games in and his team is the only remaining undefeated team in the state. ABers had a big day in general... 4 HR, 2 walk-off hits and a bunch of multi-hit games and extra base hits. Mashing is fun.

Comment

Locked In... with SWAG

Apollo is officially locked in. He hit his 2nd HR of the year yesterday, lined out to RF and just missed a CB that he flew out to left on. Today, he hit for the cycle... his HR was hit onto the school... the school that is waaaay out in center/right center that is far enough away that it doesn't really matter. Really wish I had video of it, but he sent me a text from the bus on the way home and was pretty excited. Stat line was impressive though... 4-4, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR on the school, 7 RBI... Oops.

Apollo is a senior and has early release from school, so he comes to AB and hits with me around 12 every day. Last week, he was getting himself out and popping everything up, trying to do too much. Yesterday, I made up a game called, "Find the Barrel." It is BP that is thrown from 35-40 ft at a pretty decent velocity - 50 MPH+. The hitter relaxes, goes no stride, works the HPP, really stays in the RHPP, gets comfortable sending it backwards with limited bat speed. Just find the barrel (and don't get around the ball)! Slow down mentally. Once the hitter gets comfortable and finds the barrel, you let them speed it up. Then throw curves. It might take 10 pitches, it might take 100... but when the hitter gets comfortable, the confidence starts to really leap. Then you hit for the cycle and say Oops.

Comment

How tall is he?
                  "Remember these two things: Play hard and have fun." -Tony Gwynn

Comment

Originally posted by jason rheney View Post
                    How tall is he?
                    He's about 6'3, 185. Strong... will be truly scary when he starts to fill out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tewks View Post
                      He's about 6'3, 185. Strong... will be truly scary when he starts to fill out.
                      Oops.
                      "Remember these two things: Play hard and have fun." -Tony Gwynn

Comment

Apollo = Riley Palmer

So through 15 games..

.490, 11 2B, 5 3B, 4 HR, 23 runs, 26 RBI... hit for the cycle once, missed it by a single a couple games later. Best hitter on the best team in the state.

PS We work with half of Nashua North's starting lineup and we've worked with every single kid in Alvirne's lineup. Alvirne graduated 8 starters last year and their is buzz about their surprising success and ability to battle at the plate. (I went to Alvirne - pretty tight with the coach. =))
                        Last edited by Tewks; 05-20-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Congrats RP!!!!
                          Only you can accomplish what you dream to.

Comment

Way to go Apollo!!!!!

Comment

Some big numbers there for Apollo, that's awesome . . . nice work Tewks!
                              "You've Gotta Grind into it . . . Grrrrrrriiiiinnnnd Into it!! Ughhhh!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X