Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

Mini-Pronk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not allowing the fire of SnF to turn you completely is very common. Without the complete turn you don't get the complete stretch. Turning partially, slowing to allow the arms to work, is a kiss of death. You will never achieve autopilot without a complete fire.

This topic is so common and so important. I will make a video in the next few days demonstrating the difference. Hopefully tonight. Been real busy at work lately. But could find time tonight or tomorrow morning.

Comment

• P.S. When you don't see a complete belly button turn.....why doesn't it?

P.S.Answer. Because the stretch was so tight and the release was oppo.

Comment

• Video has not been forgotten. Real life is interfering.

Comment

• Belly Buttons

Nothing earth shattering....except maybe how close they 'look' to each other.

The first two swings are the lazy belly button....which is turning the entire time....but not driving. The hands move forward, overtake the rear hip, all while lazy turning is taking place and then push. Leg is in neutral and coasting as the upper body and arms do the work.

The second two swings the leg is in drive. The driving rear leg....all in....against resistance from the hip/back/scap/hands....with the belly button being driven forward immediately....all in....to completion....immediately....at/by stretch break.

I guarantee no one at bbd or bbf know the difference in these two swings. Two completely different feels.

Most amateurs do what I show in the first two swings. They take the hands back....they load the hips....they look like they are loaded well....but at go they push forward out of the load with the hip and arms.

Professional hitters load very similarly but pull rearward to launch, continue to pull back to launch....(read that again)....(memorize it)....which tightens the stretch, which activates the leg, which eventually drives the stretch break.

Comment

• This is what I'm showing in my first two swings....

My second two swings are a 57 yr old demo of this....

What is fascinating to me is....you can feel the difference. It is VERY noticeable. When your belly button flys forward at stretch break....at great speed....to completion....you have no inclination to do anything but allow the autopilot to happen. Your hands turning the barrel rearward....against the leg.....broke the stretch. The balloon popped. Your are driven forward. It's over. Done. Finished. As quickly as it happened.

You don't have time to push.

Comment

• It is chest.....versus.....back.

Is your chest driving?....or your back?

Comment

• P.S. When I said they look very close....I'm refering to 'within the swings of players'. In my demonstration I am emphasizing the difference between the two. So it is more visual than within kid's swings. But once you truly feel 'back'....as compared to 'chest'.....you will never look at clips the same again. You will be able to literally 'feel' what a hitter is doing. And it is that feel that separates high level from not.

Comment

• I forgot to say anything but that was a good video.

Comment

• So you are IP blocked over there? I think it was builder saying COG lowers as you coil not Chappy.

If you have a smart phone or something you might be able to create a fake account using that IP. Just go to some place with an internet connection and create an account. If I am not mistaken Brett blocks the site to non-account holders correct? Meaning if I send a link to someone they might not be able to see it.

Comment

• Yea. I've got 'hidemyip' and other things like that....but he has made the hitting forum 'members only'. You have to log on to read it. I can't log on because he won't let me join. Need a new email address and IP, I guess.

So....my IP address at home allows me to see everything at bbd EXCEPT the hitting forum. My IP address at work is totally blocked. My blackberry IP address is blocked.

I haven't been able to read there for several months.

Log out over there and you'll see all the forum are 'open' except the hitting forum.

So...it was Builder not Chappy? Doesn't surprise me.

Staighten up, mole.

Comment

• I had a friend join. He gave me his user info. That worked for a couple of days. I would log in with their info....but he found my IP address was logging in under their username. Got booted again.

Comment

• Sheesh. It's no wonder that people aren't going over there now. I guess that's how he wants it.

Comment

• Hey, you gotta love Builder criticizing Steven's swing as it may not allow him to hit situationally.

Mole told me that.

I LMAO....out loud. Hard.

At what level will he stoop too?

And apparently he spews a lot of nonsense about preset coil.....when EVERY good hitter presets at least partially.

He seriously has no idea what he's talking about. NONE. NADA. ZILCH.

And I believe he knows it. But he's the scout. So he continues.

Comment

• Cripes. Given his generally high OBP in both HS and the showcase circuit, I am guessing it means he gets more of a look at the ball, and doesn't swing at crap. Once in a while you get called out on one of those but hey it's better than hitting a double play. Go sit down and get the next one.

Comment

• I say there watching some game one night, can't remember who it was two teams I wouldn't typically watch (mlb.tv I have all the games) and probably more than half of them had a little pigeon-toe.

Frankly it might be a way for the kids who are not otherwise naturally gifted to cheat the lowering of the COG. Pull the pelvis around, a little fwd mo, making sure the femoral head moves forward, pelvis drops, leg wins first, hips come through clean (assuming upper torsion spring was set).

How many years did Steven "lose the back knee" why continue down that road. If you don't want to pigeon-toe I get that most don't but he went up .200 points in one season by learning to use the back leg as a driver.

Comment

Working...
                                X