Announcement

Collapse

Step One For New Members

If you are reading this, you are in the main forum....where all the good discussion and exchange of ideas occurs.

Instructional threads are 'stickied' to the top of this forum page in an effort to get new members to see the work that gets done here. There are 5 different threads of a dad and his kid, going through the HittingIllustrated process. They are quite instructional. I think you'll be impressed with what you see. The kid's progress is amazing. One of them is now a D1 player who chose college after being drafted. Another is a DII college player. A third is his brother who is now in high school. The fourth is a current high school freshman. And the fifth is my son who is now out of college and playing amateur fastpitch softball. Take a look. The terminology is likely to confuse you at first. But do your best to understand.

Then, there is another forum titled The Second Engine, found just below this one on the main page, which consists of 18 threads that have been chosen as 'good reads' for new members to get 'up to snuff' on what is taught here.

It is my recommendation that you spend your first hour or so in that forum reading those threads. Then, come here to ask questions. We love it when clips of hitters are posted.

And here is a link to an Instructional Starter Pak. It has the basic information. There are many details that go with each step that are too cumbersome to put in the Pak.

Instructional Starter Pak

MAKE THE BEST USE OF YOUR TRIAL PERIOD
POST A CLIP OF YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER
I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANALYSIS AND A RECOMMENDATION.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on figuring out what the Hand Pivot Point and what the Rear Hip Pivot Point are....and how they are synced together to create the high level swing.

Welcome.
See more
See less

EXHIBIT D: Bass Ackward Teaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXHIBIT D: Bass Ackward Teaching

This is from the ULL Yeager DVD.

ONE of these four is actually 'throwing' properly....or nearly properly. The other three are not....with a couple of them pitiful.

Yet....he consistently states this person isn't doing it right....that she lowers her hands....that she doesn't take them forward 'down through the chest'.....and instead takes them much lower.

Of course, the real issue is....this girl is supinating much sooner than he likes. She is supinating at 'go'. She is supinating from a weight back position. AND.....she is overlaping....the only one.

She is creating the high level barrel path that he can not create.

Underneath all of this HAS to be a belief that the rotation is around the front leg. Because IF he believed differently....if he believed it is in the rear hip joint....where it clearly is initiated....(clear to all Hanson Rule believers anyway)....then the last thing he'd want them to do is take the hands forward across the chest. Yet, he says this over and over and over and over.

So....he concludes....that supinating early is 'barrel dumping'. Because, in his world, you don't swing from there. Which means....he thinks....if you supinate from that position, you lose the barrel then swing. When in reality....when you supinate....properly....at 'go'....there is NO WAY IN HELL...that you dump or lose the barrel....because you aren't just supinating as in allowing the barrel to drop....you are driving the barrel with the forearm rotation.

He believes this....because he can't launch the swing until the weight is forward....with rotation around the front hip joint....AND THEREFORE AROUND THE SPINE. It takes precious time to 'get there' before you can swing.

He believes this....because his lower body teaching is linear.....and rotation only begins when your linear push....staightline in his words....reaches a block. NONSENSE.

HOGWASH.

LUNACY.

Still waiting for the computer....

But....when does this hitter supinate?

When does his weight shift?

When does his rotation begin?

Comment

It is very important for the back forearm to stay more vertical with flex staying in elbow, then the forearms can work well at go with back forearm supination and front forearm pronation.

Comment

The girl(s) on the left are the same. There are only 3 hitters in that clip, not 4.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo34 View Post
          The girl(s) on the left are the same. There are only 3 hitters in that clip, not 4.
          I sentence you to 40 hours of clip study time.

Comment

Can't see the front view good enough too judge. Top left looks like the better swing. There appears to be a little back hand throw happening. I see the bat flatting out and pulling with the arms.
            Go Illini !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
              Why, he is correct.... there are only for hitters and the top and bottom left chicks are the same
              "Turning is for nascar." - Cosmo34
              "Think big or you will be small."
              "You can't think and hit at the same time." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Teacherman View Post
                Either the two left clips are the same girl, or there are twins who have dressed exactly the same in the top and bottom left clips.

Twins Bazell, twins.

Comment

I know this is thread is old--very old, in fact--but I am bored at work, so I'm going through some threads.

I remember seeing this thread a while back when I first joined and would mine for the gold that is in the archives. I agree with the two posts above that the clips on the left feature the same girl...

HOWEVER, her swings are not the same. I see that now.... rather I FEEL that now.

The bottom left is the one that is closest in pattern. Everything else is shift then swing.

Comment

I was going to say bottom left as well... considering this is my 2nd day on the forum.. i dont have much experience... but it would seem the bottom left exhibits the more "sudden" swing that I see talked about ..anyone have the final answer?

Comment

Working...
                    X