Back in the day....Tewks was told this was the best swing Colabello had ever taken....

But he fell in love with arm action, specifically external rotation of the humerus, that he adopted as his main teaching point, and built an ebook around, even though he was advised immediately that that is not what high level hitters do and in fact it is the exactly what you have to stop hitters from doing. So, he continued and did this to the poor guy....

....creating so much slop that the launch of Colabello's swing was delayed between the decision to swing and the actual launch. He was never AT the loaded launch position on time, due to the excessive arm action, therefore his consistency was greatly impaired. He hit below the Mendoza Line and was on a path to a MLB strike out record if he would have stayed in the lineup.

Now, this is one of Colabello's current swings, which is basically IDENTICAL to the swing that he was told was very good over 3 years ago.

Remember his BiPod drill in his ebook....that he was so proud of. Here it is....

Notice the arm action it teaches.

And here is what I told and showed him IMMEDIATELY after he went off on his external rotation of the humerus tangent.

Notice the HAND action (forearm action turning the barrel) instead of the ARM ACTION turning in the shoulder socket.

Compare his new swing to his old swing and the proper BiPod drill and then compare them to the old swing and the wrong BiPod drill.

These facts were told to Tewks THE DAY he went off on his 'arm action discovery', but his ego was in the way, and it cost Colabello 3 years of production.

The truth is the truth whether you acknowledge it or not. It does not require your acknowledgement to be true.

I wonder why he doesn't mention his past experience with HI.com, and specifically the irate phone call he made to me after one of my blogs criticizing his work with Colabello. Because after that season when Colabello got sent back to the minors, and after that phone call, he changed. I told him AGAIN that the 'red shirt BP clip' was the best swing Colabello had ever taken.

But of course, all of his knowledge came from studying video on his own.

And now Colabello is swinging just like that red shirt clip. He was there 3 years ago, before Tewks used Colabello as a guinea pig to test things that he was told would be destructive. Things already KNOWN to be destructive to the high level pattern. He practiced on him, and Mark Hamilton, and another professional guy, and another professional guy, and a host of amateurs, driving them out of baseball future.

I am a fan of truth. I hate phoney. I will always point out phoney. It was nothing but his EGO that took 3 years from Colabello.

His ego NEEDS to rewrite history. But the truth is documented. It can't be changed.